Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:39 AM   #21

Default Re: a dark picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselutr
See my post and picture in http://www.photo-forums.com/[email protected]@.ee93e34/4

You should change your cam, it is faulty.
hi joselutr,

i took a pic just as you said. and compared mine with yours.
believe me they are same, perhaps mine is cleaner.
thanks for your reply. your pic is also very noisy if you look in full size.

but taking a "night scene of a city" and "covering a lens" are very different things.

i need a night scene please.

bye
sertac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:28 AM   #22

Default your are in rigth

Your camera hasn't any problem with hot pixels. However, it has too much noise. Try with ISO 100, and you will have less noise.

All ways, I would change the camera.
joselutr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:42 AM   #23

Here you are:

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/voorbeeldf...os/highway.jpg

There are (only) some so called 'hotpixels', which seems to be normal when using longer exposuretimes.

I'm removing this pic in a few days, because i need the webspace, ok?
kwillems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:55 AM   #24

Default the problem can be the ISO

Use ISO 100, sertac, and post a picture with this.
joselutr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:13 AM   #25

Default Re: the problem can be the ISO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselutr
Use ISO 100, sertac, and post a picture with this.
here you are.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...ase.yahoo.com/

note the low light and sunny performance of the cam.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 4:12 AM   #26

When I'm doing indoor or night pictuers without flash, I get the same results as sertec and this is already my second 735, cause I changed the first one. But if I look at the highway picture of kwillems looks OK for me. I'm still have the impression that there are 2 series out. Short question, when I take a look to the pictures at the TFT display, they look grainy first and after 2-3 sec, they become clear. I had this with both cams, but never seen this before.Has anyone the same issue? Or maybe this isn't an issue but normal?
Benno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 5:09 AM   #27

I think that it's normal that on the TFT-screen a pic in the cam first looks a bit grainy and after a few seconds looks sharps. My TFT-screen does the same. I guess it is caused by the way JPG-files behave. I don't consider it to be a problem.
kwillems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno
When I'm doing indoor or night pictuers without flash, I get the same results as sertec and this is already my second 735, cause I changed the first one. But if I look at the highway picture of kwillems looks OK for me. I'm still have the impression that there are 2 series out. Short question, when I take a look to the pictures at the TFT display, they look grainy first and after 2-3 sec, they become clear. I had this with both cams, but never seen this before.Has anyone the same issue? Or maybe this isn't an issue but normal?
hi benno,

i have an another opinion.
let me give you an example...
in the processor (cpu, for example intel) production , after the processor is built, they make a benchmark (as far as I know). For example pentium series.
They benchmark each cpu and see how high frequency it works with. Because there are millions of transistors and circuits, there may be some weakly built tiny circuits.
None of them give the same performance. So they label each cpu after the benchmark. Maybe pentium 1.7 or 1.8 or pentium 2.0 (but all of them have the same circuitry)

So the ccd production is also a hard thing. There may be some little mistakes on the ccd also.

So what they do is test the ccd. For an acceptable quality they use that ccd. Perhaps some of them are very well built, while some of them have hot or dead pixels.

So they also give a test mark after the cam is produced (for example out of ten, 9/10 or 7/10)

What i wonder is, if they classify the cams according to the mark and sell to each region of the world accordingly???????????
(although it is not shown or written on the cam)

For example I bought the 735 in Turkey.

Benno where did you buy it? That proves my thought because even you changed your cam, nothing has changed.....

And Kwillems' cam takes cleaner pictures. I think he bought his cam from another part of the world.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 1:03 PM   #29

Hi Sertec,
I bought my camera in Switzerland (kwillem in the Netherlands I think), by the HP Internet Store and there I got my new one too. I don't think that HP is shipping diff. quality for diff. countries, cause they give worlwide garantie and the are all made in China ( the serial number should start with CN). Maybe the CCD chip maker makes a diff between HP, Canon, Sony,... This week I will make some night shoots at 100 iso to check if it helps. I'm still waiting for a good review from Steve or at dpreview. A friend of mine has a HP 812 and no problems, maybe I will try a HP 935 later this month
Benno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 2:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno
Hi Sertec,
I bought my camera in Switzerland (kwillem in the Netherlands I think), by the HP Internet Store and there I got my new one too. I don't think that HP is shipping diff. quality for diff. countries, cause they give worlwide garantie and the are all made in China ( the serial number should start with CN). Maybe the CCD chip maker makes a diff between HP, Canon, Sony,... This week I will make some night shoots at 100 iso to check if it helps. I'm still waiting for a good review from Steve or at dpreview. A friend of mine has a HP 812 and no problems, maybe I will try a HP 935 later this month
hi benno,
i recommend you to avoid from the 935 also. Cause I have not seen any long exposure shot of 935 yet. It may have the same problem.
if you have a chance to change your cam, buy the a70.