Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Nov 3, 2003, 3:11 AM   #41

tip: if you made a photo with flash and after 2/3 meters it gets kinda dark, then load your photo into a programma like photoshop or Thumbsplus. With the level or gamma option you can make
details visible as if you used a huge flash light!

indeed there is no middle resolution which I would have preferred
too. The 640x480 option though is good for simple pics that
you plan to email or put online on a website.
I must say that the 640x480 pics of the 735 are MUCH sharper
and better than the pics of my old Philips digital cam which I
bought 7 years ago (0.3mp cam).
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 1:57 PM   #42

Hi, can anyone help me with a few problems I've been having with my HP 735? One, it seems to eat batteries. I now use 2300 mAh Ni-MH but they still only last for about 10 pictures when using the LCD screen. I simply don't understand the person who said they had trouble running their batteries down!
Secondly, when using the multimedia card two problems occur frequently. One is that after a couple of pictures the orange light flashes for quite a long time then stops. The screen still says 'Processing' but everything has frozen. I have to take the batteries out and in to get the camera working again but then the screen is red with 'Unsupported Image files' on. This screen also frequently appears when taking pictures and the oragnge light has finished flashing - no picture just the red screen. None of these problems happen when the card is not in. Could I have a dodgy card? This message should only appear when the batteries are low and I have ensured they are not.
rockclimber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:12 AM   #43

rockclimber99, it seems you have a faulty camera, I suggest you try to swap it for a new one at the shop where you bought it...
The problems with your memorycard are not familiar to me, I can't tell you if that is also a camera problem or a card problem.

Bytheway: I had to bring my camera back to the shop. After 6 months perfect usage it suddenly stalled during shut down and
I could not turn it on again! Right in the middle of Xmas dinner...
I brought it back and 8 days later I got a new camera from H.P Netherlands. Good and fast service!
It seems my camera problem was not unique, someone else has
had the same problem the guy at the shop told me.
Anyway, I'm glad it got it back :-) I missed it :-)
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 6:19 PM   #44

I am also another unhappy user.

At first I had issues with battery life.

I bought my self 4 x 2300mAh Powerbase rechargables and now can fill my 128mb SD card with only 2 battery's, thats with the LCD screen on the whole time.

Compared to my parents 6-7year old Kodak DC5000 digital camera my HP735 pictures look horrible.

The 735 takes perfect pictures out side but as soon as the light is less than desirable it begins to take pictures that are too dark and grainy.

Taking a picture inside leaves the walls looking a little grainy and the colour appears to be off. Ican't stress enough how terrible this camera is at taking indoor pictures.

I really am dissapointed as 99% of my pictures are taken for family functions which are held inside.

I am beginning not to bother taking my camera along when I know pictures will be taken inside as the picturequality simply is not up to scratch.

On a positive note it does take excellentmacro pictures.

I also had an issue with my camera the first day I bought it where it turned off by its self and wouldn't turn back on, this left the lense stuck out. I received a replacement straight away.

So this firmware that is supposed to be released, is there an ETA?
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 5:42 PM   #45

Hello,

when you say that indoor pictures look orrible, do you mean with or without flash?

I have used the HP735 since 1 year now. With flash, I found that the picture quality is generallyacceptable, sometimes is really good, provided that you stay within the allowed distance (approx 2.5 meters).

Without flash, I know it is more difficult: it is quite easy to have blurry images. If you manage to keep the camera steady enough, however, you can get some decent shots. If you use tripod, they come out good enough.

You can see some examples here:

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=dariob&password=3 0326358

Only one of the pictures was taken with a tripod, all of them without flash.

Regards,

Dario

dariob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 7:00 AM   #46

Hello Dariob, could you send us the exif info about the brescia1 photo? have you re-touched it with any software?

Bye
nzcvif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:02 AM   #47

Hello,

I used PainshpPro ver. 7 (the only retouching program I have) just to rotate the image. Unfortunately, Paintshop (at least the version I use) remove the EXIF info when saving the image, so I lost it. When Iretouch a photo, I ususally don't keep the original

In case you are interested, I can try to retrieve EXIF info for the other (non rotated) pictures I posted.

Regards,

Dario

dariob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:41 PM   #48

After 1 year and 10 days of use, my camera stalled,and I'm unable to switch it on again. Bacause the warranty period lasts 1 year, HP dont want to heard about the problem, and they require me200 € to repair it (And the camera costs 150€!!!!)

Any idea about the source of this problem? Any suggestion will be welcome

[email protected]

[email protected]
laullroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:45 AM   #49

I bought my Hp 735 one year ago, and since then, it has been working smoothly.

Last week, when I tried to delete images stored in the external memory, the camera simply put off, and since then, I have been unable to restart it again

HP's customer service request 200€ for reviewing thecamera, when nowadays it cost 150€!!.

¿Any suggestion about the problem and possible solution?

thanks a lot

[email protected]
laullroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:52 AM   #50

Target had the HP 735 on sale for $125. I bought it and am very happy with it.

One thing, this is not a point & shoot camera. There are some settings that MUST be adjusted before using it indoors. White Balance & Exposure Compensation. Set these correctly and you will get great indoor shots.

For the money, this is a Great camera.

You can see some pics by following this link.

http://webpages.charter.net/dagwood/HP735/index.html

ShaDavid is offline   Reply With Quote