Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1

My daughter's camera is doing weird things like shutting down with the lens extended,retracting the lens and extending it again on start up.
It takes photos and shows them on Lcd but if you switch to review mode it shuts down .I have tried switching Sd cards etc but nothing helps.I can't find a firmware download anywhere.Got any ideas.
Thanks in anticipation

Bob
:sad::sad::sad:
roblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:47 AM   #2

These symptoms sound more like a problem with the camera battery or power supply section than a firmware problem.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:46 AM   #3
Administrator

Yep.. That sounds like it's probably the batteries to me, too.

If they're rechargeable NiMH Batteries, you may need to get a new set. They don't last forever. Here's a page about batteries and chargers that may help:

NiMH Batteries

I think HP shipped this model a couple of different ways..... either with NiMH AA rechargeables and a cradle, or with Lithium AA non-rechargeable batteries.

Try another set of batteries if you have a set sitting around. If they work, I'd get new high capacity, rechargeable NiMH AA batteries for it (with a charger if you don't have the camera charging cradle).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:13 PM   #4

I've done the battery bit and all suggestions from HP help line to no avail,this camera looks like it has lost it's mind,if it was a computer I'd try reprograming it
Thanks
Bob
roblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:25 PM   #5

I know I'm resurrecting an old topic, sorry.

roblin wrote:
Quote:
My daughter's camera is doing weird things like shutting down with the lens extended,retracting the lens and extending it again on start up.
It takes photos and shows them on Lcd but if you switch to review mode it shuts down .I have tried switching Sd cards etc but nothing helps.I can't find a firmware download anywhere.Got any ideas.
Thanks in anticipation

Bob
:sad::sad::sad:
My camera does the exact same thing. Actually this is my second HP M407, the first one did this so I sent it back to HP to get another one, thinking it was a faulty camera. They sent me a new one, but a few months later the camera began to do the same weird things again. What the ****. :X

If you or anyone else came across a solution, that would be nice to know.

Ariann is offline   Reply With Quote