Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:17 PM   #1

Does anybody know how to get a replacement battery/memory card door for the R967? My one year old son broke the door off of our camera. I contacted HP thinking this would be easy but apparently they are no help. In fact, for your ammusement, here is there email response. The door is very easy to replace and is not worth spending $250 to replace the camera.

Thank you for replying back to us.

In response to your email message I want to state that the Photosmart R series cameras are result of extreme complex engineering in the sectors of light and physics. The internal circuitry if gets damaged anytime, cannot be repaired back just because of the cost included. The same theory applies for all other parts including the door.

This is the reason HP offers their customers the upgrading options. At this moment you have the following upgrading options as mentioned below:

• DIGITAL CAMERA R967 EX1NTE HP EXPRESS SHIP $246.99 [/*]
  • DIGITAL CAMERA R967 XX5NTE HP STANDARD SHIP $239.99
[/*]
If you are not interested with the upgrade options, you can also purchase new cameras from HP.

I believe that the above explanation answers your query.

If there are any further questions please feel free to write back, we will be very happy to assist you further.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:
http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Sincerely,
Arkaprava
HP Total Care

jbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links