Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Oct 10, 2004, 6:32 PM   #1

Does anybody have any idea whatsoever where I could get a replacement Zoom In/Out Button for a HP Photosmart 720 digital camera?

My wife accidentally dropped the camera and the button popped out of the back. She was upset and tried to pop it back in place (two "click tabs" hold it in), but being nervous and worried about disappointing me (it was a Christmas present form her to me), she tried to force it into place and damaged one of the plasticcontact pins on the back of the button. Here is a picture of what I'm looking for:

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael%20Donehoo/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/%231.jpg[/img]

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

- Mike

donehomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:01 AM   #2

:idea:OK - it's been a few days now and nobody has replied - so here's my idea:

Since apparently this is not a HP consumer-replaceable part, andsince virtually all of the repair shops I've checked with both online and in-person give me "blank stares" :?when I ask them about this part - as if they have no idea what I'm even talking about (even when I show them the picture of the part I need), I'm just going to cut my losses, trade-in the damned thing for a Photosmart 935xi, and be done with it all.

Thanks to all of you who didn't reply...
donehomr is offline   Reply With Quote