Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:53 AM   #21

The repair eliminated thesmearing in the upper left of the pictures and diminished but didn't eliminate the two in the center portion of the picture.

I've opened another incident with HP and will be sending in my camera tomorrow for additional work. This time I'm going to tuck a photo in the package in an attempt to lead the repair person in the right direction.

It is getting there, slower than I'd hoped but I'm sure this time around it will be fully resolved.

Regards,

dlogi00

dlogi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:08 AM   #22

Did the explained to you what caused this blotches??

Thanks,

Maggie
maggie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 7:15 PM   #23

I got the camera back from HP. After having talked to one of the HP techs and getting him to take the camera outdoors to shoot some pictures of the sky, he saw the spot issue and relayed that info to the head tech, who had stated he saw no issue prior to that.

I any event, they cleaned the inside of the camera (back side of lense and the CCD panel) now all is perfect again. I've taken sky shots and the spots no longer appear.

The problem it seems developed from dust/dirt or possible even moisture entering the camera through the docking port on the bottom of the camera. I had misplaced my small docking port panel cover and HP was kind enough to include a new one with the camera when they returned it to me.

I hope this helps you in your repairs.

Good luck!

dlogi00
dlogi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:43 AM   #24

Hi guys,
After reading the discussion, I think this is one of the major problem of most digital cameras issues. That's why olympus released E-300 series with dust cleaner from the ccd sensor just to make it eliminate the spot which because of the dust on the sensor (they promoted), so we all know why the spot appear... see you all later!:G
handdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 3:57 PM   #25

I guess it's a good idea to put the cover on before taking the camera outdoors. Thanks for sharing the experience; my 945 is less than 1 month old and stays on the dock when not in use. I better get the plug out of my desk drawer and in the camera bag.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:12 PM   #26

Hmmmm. I have a Photosmart 945 with a thread-like contaminate in most of my pictures and I have removed the plug on the bottom for my 8881 dock. HP just suggests that I buy a new camera since its out of warranty. I've found no resource for a service manual and guess I'll try the compressed air repair attempt.
Sonny279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:15 PM   #27

My 945 lives on the dock when not being used, and I never remember to put the plug in when taking pictures. I guess I need to start training my self to bring it along.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:36 PM   #28

FYI

I had a dark spot in my digital camera. You even could see it on the LCD viewer. As you zoomed you could see it get smaller or larger. The lens was clean so I deduced it had to be on the chip. I tried the air blowing with no luck.

I took apart the camera using jewlers tools and exposed the CCD. Sure enough, plain to the eye, a spec of dust. Blew it off. reassembled the camera and the dark smudege that plagued my photos is gone.

It is not for the faint of heart, blind, or unsteady hand but if your out of warrenty it can be cleaned. Have faith.

IT IS NO SOFTWARE ISSUE.

Cheers,

Oops
oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:31 AM   #29

Your posting was awhile back so I'm hoping that you are still reachable. Your posting mentioned that you disassembled your HP945 to access the CCD (inner lens) to clean the dust off. I have the exact same problem so I'm looking to open it up just enough to clean the lens. Can you elaborate any on the dissambly/reassembly? Any info would be appreciated.
TucsonDon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:08 PM   #30

I opened it up from the rear to access the CCD. It is not a lens but a more like a shiny flat glass chip. You might be able to access it from the front but I couldn't.
oops is offline   Reply With Quote