Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:08 AM   #1

Have anyone experienced any dark spots on picutres taken with HP 945?

Almost on each picture with bright or blue sky there is a dark spot.

Is there any safe method of cleaning sensor in HP 945??

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated :-)

Maggie78
maggie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:23 AM   #2

Can you post an image showing what you are referring to ?

mikeC
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:25 AM   #3

By clicking on link belowyou will findtwo pictures taken with my HP 945 with that dark spot

http://home.earthlink.net/~magda78/usa/

Maggie78

Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:15 PM   #4

If it is not a "smudge" spot on a polarizing filter, I would be at a loss, as it is moving around ... all of the dust on the CCD images I've seen were fixed in place. You might go to the Fuji Talk Forum on dpreview.com and search, as I seen very similar spots on images discussed there for the S602.

Good Luck, and . . . :|

Happy Shooting !

Mi9keC

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:29 PM   #5

ThanksI will check that forum.

maggie78
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:44 PM   #6

I have the exact same problem, except in my case I have two of the dark spots, similar in size to yours in about the same area as yours. I also have a smear type dark spot in the upper left. The spots remain static and don't move around. I've done a complete cleaning of the lens to ensure it wasn't that.

I got on the HP chat line with one of HP's technician and he stated it was most likely a hardware issue and I would be contacted by HP within 48 hours...that was 7 days ago and not a peep from them! I will call them directly this time and discuss the issue.
dlogi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:01 PM   #7

Hi,

I also had a long chat with online support, they told me the same thing that it might be some hardware or firmware issue. The told me also it will cost around $180 to fix it. But honestly I'm not so sure if it's hardware issue, more dust issue on CCD.I tried blowing in commpresed air (almost half of the can) So far it did not help. It's kind of difficult to do it since HP 945 has almost no cravices nad lens is fixed.

Is there any chance you can email me some of your pics with that spot so I can compare it to yours. I'm going crazy to find something to fix this problem. Exept this spot issue my camera works perfectly fine. If I shoot a picture indoor this spot is not visible.

Maggie78
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:16 PM   #8

Here's a sample photo of what I'm getting on my pictures. I'm wondering if I blasted some compressed are through the docking slot on bottom of camera if that would help this issue. It cetainly can't hurt.
Attached Images

Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:42 PM   #9

I tried blowing some air around the moving part of the lens. It did not help. This camera is to tight. I have my camera more than one year now. But it looks like this spot started showing after maybe 5-6 months after I purchased it. I checked some of the older pictures and on some of them this smudge was visible. I did not realize back then it there might be someting wrong with it.

When your shooting picture thru viewfinder or LCD you still see this spot, don't you?

Did you by any chance talked to HP support again?? Let me know if you have any updates on this issue.

maggie78
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:05 PM   #10

I have some good news. As I use an HP dock for my camera, I have removed the small rubber insert that protects the bottom of the camera docking port.

I did a really good cleaning on the lens, then I took a series of photos to verify the spots and smudge were still there...they were. Then I took a can of compressed air and gave a couple of shots into the docking slot on the bottom of the camera from about 2 inches away. I then began to take some pictures and the spots and smudge are gone...unless I'm totally fooling myself, I don't see them at all.