Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:17 AM   #1

Default HP 720 photo resolution

Hi all,

By default, HP photosmart 720 supports only 640X480 or 2048X1536

Due to this options, only 3 MP photos are acceptbale (700KB-1200 KB per photo)

640X480 retuns us to the stoneage digital cameras, even Fred and Willma had better options in their digital camera.

Does anyone know how to add other options like other descent cameras (1024X768 or 1280X960)? is there any way or an updated firmware that supports resolution modification?

Most 3 and 4 MP digital cameras supports lower resoulotion in order to reduce memory card usage and since most photos are not about to be printed, there is no need to take photos larger than 1600X1200.

Please Help

Thanks alot
Goldschmidt, S.

P.S:
Also, is there anyway to save settings when camera starts? (For example; flash off, ISO speed 100, EV is set to +0.5 etc.)
shaygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:34 PM   #2

Hi,

Invest in better mediacards, lower settings on camera's always result in the best shots being unusable because of the lower setting.

On most HP's you can use the previous settings by holding the OK button when powering up (on the 812-850 anyway).

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 10:11 AM   #3

Hi

Thanks for your quick response :lol:

Aparently the OK pressed while powering on the camera does not resume last settings in my 720

I feel bad with the camera becuase of the quality of the photos in 3 starts is lower than 2 MP Fuji camera with maximum compression in 1024X768 (with size of 200 kb and the hp is 1.1 MB !)

The Hp's colors seems "dry" or "dead" while the Fuji with the above mentioned settings seems much more "alive".

Any suggestion, should I be disapponted for buying the 3MP hp and not 2 MP Canon or Fuji ?

Thanks
Goldschmidt, S.
shaygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2003, 2:56 PM   #4

Hi,

I don't know the 720 that well, mostly we sell the 812 or 850 or the very cheap ones.

MP is not always everything, the quality of the glass is much more important, maybe that's the story here.

What I DO know from the HP's is that you really have to shoot at FULL resolution otherwise the results are bad.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote