Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:58 AM   #1

While taking viceo clip on my HP R817 camera the batterygot dischareged, the screen went blank and the lens did not retract, i replace it with my spare battery and was able to contunue shooting. However when i put back the discharged battery on my camera to charge it ( i do not have dedicated chaeger) it wont charge, the LED on the camera is not blinking.....

ANY SUGGESTION OR COMMENT ON WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN? The battery is only 3 months old and not used heavily.

thanks,
\
mark
marksotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2

=hi guys, i found a solution to my own problem as discussed here, the battery wont charge (LED is not blinking), the solution is = there is a small patch or tape (black color) on the side where the positive and negative contact of the battery is located, remove the small black patch and you will find two rounded holes with a conductor, you have to short it, using a bended paper clip, and then the battery can now be charged.

i think by doing the above, it reset the so called memory effect on the battery, meaning that it wont charge at first because t thinks that it is still fully charged coz of the memory effect.....what do you think guys?????

at any rate ....it workssssss ,,,,yahooooo:idea:
marksotto is offline   Reply With Quote