Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   HDR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/)
-   -   Nice Day (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/nice-day-167744/)

Bynx Mar 18, 2010 5:30 PM

Nice Day

1 Attachment(s)
Today was too nice sitting in reading the comments on Steve's. Took this shot of a building around the corner.

Chato Mar 18, 2010 5:42 PM

Looks flat and washed out until I downloaded it, and viewed it on my monitor... :(

Then it looks fine, vibrant color, the whole nine yards... :)

Dave

Walter_S Mar 19, 2010 2:17 AM

Chato is right, Bynx -

- Something is not right in the state of Denmark with that rendering! Flat colors (wishy-washy-like...?) and no "hmpf" to it. :o I too did a quick edit in IrfanView (which incidently works great for a Freeware) and it came out different-like....

If it's o.k. with you, I will post it here - but, obeying the rules of this forum, I want to make sure you agree to it, before I do.

Regards!
:-)

maggo85 Mar 19, 2010 3:03 AM

I have to agree with Dave on this one - kinda flat, soft and washed-out colors... Bynx, maybe a little pp would help ;)

simple Mar 19, 2010 3:31 AM

I think there maybe a very slight orton going of here or some pp ....i also think i need to move abroad so i can take more pics

Bynx Mar 19, 2010 5:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey I give notice here -- anyone can do anything to any pic I post. This shot looks ok when I posted it. Its going from here to there that things go a rye. Here is after using Smart Sharpen and saving for Web.

maggo85 Mar 19, 2010 5:53 AM

I'm at work, so I can't do any pp ;)

Your last version looks good of course :)

Walter_S Mar 19, 2010 6:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not quite sure - it maybe an optical illusion - but I think the horizon is a bit off and the telphone-poles are listing some...

Attachment 150883
Anyway, here is what I did this morning in a hurry:

But you own last edit looks a lot better as it is.
P.S.: I am amazed how little snow there is at this time of year, Bynx?

Bynx Mar 19, 2010 8:13 AM

What makes the horizon look funny is the road I think. This is a T instersection. One road runs from left to right. Another road runs from where Im standing to 90 degrees from the other road. And it goes up hill thats why the sidewalk isnt square. We dont have any snow at all around here Walter. The robins are here bringing Spring with them.

bahadir Mar 19, 2010 8:50 AM

The image made me remember road and building setting once used in the Sample Photos section of Steve's Camera Reviews : )
I enjoy seeing your enlievening pictures. With this one I think the edit should be done seperately for the sky and the building. The correct sharpening choice would bring contrast also as you did well on the building but for the sky I'd suggest using noise reduction and then pushing the slider to cyan against red at colour balance. Ah,time to hurry now again my friend!

Cheers,
Bahadir