Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:07 PM   #91

Yeah, this one is definitely better as an HDR than the original. The first one, I do see that HDR made it better, but it wasn't a much needed HDR in terms of where details were lost.

This second image gained a lovely punch in the sense of a natural picture. Very nice.

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:52 PM   #92

All the HDR shots in this thread are not overdone in any way and have shown that HDR can and does improve a shot in subtle benefitial ways, improving clarity and color.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:14 PM   #93

I found this site which is very informative if you want to learn HDR and some various ways to achieve your results. http://www.str8photography.com/str8p...Learn_HDR.html
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:04 PM   #94

Default Small-boat harbour:

Hi guys and gals!

Always on the lookout for yet another HDR-motive, I shot this scene her today. Now, this is not a photographic 'masterpice' as the motive is far too 'busy' with all them poles and docks in the background, as well as the bridge above. This makes it a rather congested picture.

What triggered me, was the calm sea with the reflections of the sky / clouds and the general 'warmish' athmosphere with the gentle colors here.

BTW - this HDR was renedered in Dynamic-Photo HDR and not in Photomatic Pro! I just had to find out what the difference between them is.

Trolldalen småbåthavn - 07-11-2009

The middel-exposure of this 3-exposure HDR as single-shot is as follows:
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:18 PM   #95

Im always amazed how well doing an HDR improves color, clarity and detail. This one is no exception. Nice one.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:45 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Hi guys and gals!

Always on the lookout for yet another HDR-motive, I shot this scene her today. Now, this is not a photographic 'masterpice' as the motive is far too 'busy' with all them poles and docks in the background, as well as the bridge above. This makes it a rather congested picture.

What triggered me, was the calm sea with the reflections of the sky / clouds and the general 'warmish' athmosphere with the gentle colors here.

BTW - this HDR was renedered in Dynamic-Photo HDR and not in Photomatic Pro! I just had to find out what the difference between them is.

Trolldalen småbåthavn - 07-11-2009
Your HDR image certainly has more range than the middle exposure, but detail? I don't think so. In some respects yes, in others no. The HDR is quite a bit larger. And while interpolating up is not as good as working with a larger image, after running it through photoshop, it seems to have plenty of detail.

BTW: I like this shot.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:50 PM   #97

That last posted pic clearly shows Helen Keller is alive and doing color correction and other funny things.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:35 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
That last posted pic clearly shows Helen Keller is alive and doing color correction and other funny things.
I assume you have access to better drugs than I do?

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:55 AM   #99

another great example of HDR walter the hdr version is far superior over the middle exsposure in my opinion the detial colour and sharpness in every aspect looks fanstastic the reflection of the chain in the water as every ounce of detial .
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:00 AM   #100

Default Some archive photos:

Thank you Bynx, Chato and Simple for your comments and effort in making this thread an interesting discussion-place!

As I am out of new HDR's for the moment (I have loads of jpg's wainting to be worked on, but that's for the rest of the winter...) I will post som of my HDR's that have been posted in other threads (Mostly in forums like Panasonic / Leica wher only a few members ever look).

This one was shot in late spring - April 09 - befor the trees started to spring foliage...

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote