Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:20 PM   #141

Thanks for the suggestions - I ran across another one where I liked parts of both. Didn't even think of the overlay - would have been a better solution than what I came up with last night, which was to cut out the parts I liked in the HDR version and paste them on the non-HDR version.

Looking at them again, the HDR version is much better. I like high-contrast but there really aren't any details in the shadows in the non HDR version.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:32 AM   #142

I think the HDR version is much better because of the details in the shadows, which don't exist in the non-HDR versions
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:46 AM   #143

An interesting thing I figured out this morning - I'm looking at my laptop's monitor in dim light and I can see quite a bit of detail in the shadows, though it's much darker than the HDR version. Last night, when I looked at them in bright light, the shadows looked black, without detail. I've always known that how bright a monitor is set will make a difference in how you perceive a picture, but now I've also found out that the ambient light around you also makes a big difference, too!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:55 AM   #144

Just like all members of your family......everything is relative.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:30 AM   #145

Default Another HDR...

Long time no post here so I have to change that. I did som pp of older shots (end of October) because the weather here is so dismal with rain 24hrs. Best sit inside, warm and comfy in front of the PC....

Anyway, here are 2 HDR's I wanted to show you. The motive beings such a triviality as a sundown. But a sundown-HDR by the sea, with boats afloat (and moving) plus the moving clouds above - is a challenge!

Here is an overlook of the scene. The sun had already disappeared behind that ridge on the right. The mood and the colors were almost unreal and somewhat mystical as the shadowside was in the dark.

Here is an other shot (from some minutes earlier) and for that I walked out the wooden-pier on the right in the picture above. The problem was that the with of this pier was very narrow, almost too narrow for my tripod. I spent som agonizing minutes out there, beeing afraid to loose my camera into the water.

All pictures with my Panasonic FZ-28.

Have a nice week-end!

Last edited by Walter_S; Dec 5, 2009 at 5:27 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:14 PM   #146

I'm speechless. Truly outstanding. I like the 2 best. What happened to the G1?
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:44 PM   #147

Truly well done pleasing scenes. In the first one I like the horizontal layers, grass, water, sky, clouds, sky. Both shots just great.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:19 PM   #148
Super Moderator

that 2nd dock shot is very tranquil and calm, with very nice soft colors and a good composition. imo that shot deserves its own thread. nicely done.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:09 PM   #149

Love both of them! I tried to do an HDR version of a pretty sunrise this morning and it didn't work at all - yours are spectacular, I'm totally envious!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:36 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
...What happened to the G1?
Still here, but since it has been raining 24/7 for some time now, I don't have any new shots with it. Bear with me, I will post some soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Truly well done pleasing scenes....
Thank you, Bynx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
...imo that shot deserves its own thread. nicely done.
Thank you, Hards80 - Why? Has its own thread more appeal to viewers than this here series / continuator? Personally I rather have a good picture here, because in a specialized thread like this it will be seen by many more then in its own thread, which will be forgotten and lost forever as soon at it reaches page 2 on the index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
...I tried to do an HDR version of a pretty sunrise this morning and it didn't work at all...
Thank you, mtngal - Yes, sunsets or -ups can be really difficult for a HDR. But try, and try again!

Cheers to all!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote