Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:38 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post
Let's see now... Haven't been here for a while... I'll have to come back and comment on your photos at a later point.

Here's a quick update on what I've done the latest days.

First off is a HDR I never got to post for some reason. It's from October, if I remember correctly, hehe. I hope nobody thinks twice about commenting. Comment away!

Here's pictures from this day, actually... and Im sorry... I went out half and hour or so too late. the lightning would've been a lot better if I'd gone out a bit better time of day. Sorry again
Well acapulco, in general I really like your pics - let's go into detail

#1: What I like the most is the glowing color from the sun - you've capture that really great IMO. Also like the tree silhouettes in the back, but the foreground seems a bit distracting or dull (?) to me...

#2: This is actually my favourite from this series! I just love the way the sun shines through the trees, touching the blades of grass in the front. Nicely captured, the pic conveys a nice mood to me.

# 3: I like the "warmness" of the photo coming from the setting sun and the dark forground with the light branches in the back. Great one!

#4: Although it's the same scene as #3, I think it's not that good as #3 - just a "normal" pic, also the lonely trunk in the front is in #4 a bit distracting.

#5: Good pic, but as Alasdir said, I'd like to see to moon with the branches in front zoomed in much more... of course it looks really nice the way it is, with the "overturned" tree in the front.

So, I've got another question: These are all HDR's, right? How do you get the sky so clear? When I try shots like these, my skies are always noisy, don't matter if I try with DPHDR or Photomatix...
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:15 AM   #242

@ Bynx : what a waste that such a beautiful church is gone ! Really beautiful shots, both are very good, no 1 the best IMHO, the windows came out really nice!! Thanks for sharing
tsjiaotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:23 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Wow Bynx, I love your church shots, especially the AMAZING details in the windows! Did you shoot when it was dark outside or was the sun shining threw the windows? Great job
It was around 1 in the afternoon. The church faces north south and the windows are on the east west walls so I tried to get it so the sun was directly shining down on the south wall so the light was more even on the east west walls. Later in the day and the west wall would be much brighter than the east being in the shade. Im going back today to shoot the ruins. There is talk of restoration and also talk of removing the spire since it has no support and poses a danger.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 2:09 AM   #244

Maybe it's time now to move this here thread from 'Critiques and Techniques' to the new specialized HDR-Forum: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/ ??
Could someone with "moving-autority" do that, please?

BTW: Thanks for this new HDR-Forum!!!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:49 AM   #245

Good idea Walter. And for all of you hdr lovers, congrats on the new forum!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:06 PM   #246

Oooh - very cool to have a separate section just for HDR. Considering this thread is now 9 pages, there's obviously an interest.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:24 AM   #247

http://www.flickr.com/photos/memoriesremain/
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:38 PM   #248

nice work gemini ..... did you add the clothes in the prison cell? and is the second a pseudo?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:57 AM   #249
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Maybe it's time now to move this here thread from 'Critiques and Techniques' to the new specialized HDR-Forum: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/ ??
Could someone with "moving-autority" do that, please?

Done, and this thread is now a sticky in that forum, along with another thread Bynx created there.

Quote:
BTW: Thanks for this new HDR-Forum!!
No problem. I also created a new Transportation Forum (for those of you that like to take photos of cars, trucks, planes, etc.), as well as a new Computers and Operating Systems Forum (so that members can discuss pros and cons of different hardware in order to maximize performance using all of the neat software for enhancing images).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:24 AM   #250

Thank you for the HDR-Forum!
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote