Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:02 PM   #11

Very nice! The rock is my favorite also, but the whole series is well done. While I agree about the halo around the bridge in the last one, I otherwise like the picture. I've had trouble with HDR pictures taken right around dawn - one of the things I love about that time of day is that lovely deep blue color. My HDR's haven't managed to deal with that color as well as the other colors in a scene either. Looks like you are well on your way.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:26 AM   #12

Thanks all, by the way, i used photomatix pro 3
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:34 AM   #13

I think they all look very good, but my favourite is definetly the one with the rock! It's a terrific shot and a sensational HDR!

Maybe the last one is a bit over-the-top (specially the bridge), but everyone has his own style when it comes to HDR

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:29 AM   #14

I was practicing my "guessing" skills and when I came to #2 I thought you were using Dynamic Photo HDR because of the nearly black-bottomed clouds. Then when I came to the last one I thought that's definitely Photomatix.

All nice shots! They are all very pleasing to me.

Bynx, ever since I started getting comments on my HDR-edits of clouds I started observing them in real life and noticed that sometimes they do have dark gray bottoms. I guess since HDR increases contrast (in addition to other things it does) anything gray becomes darker including clouds. And so for aladyforty's #2 image, maybe because I have adjusted my expectations on HDR-edited clouds which is wrong I know because I am looking from a vantage point of reality imitating art instead of the other way around , I am OK with the clouds.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Bynx, ever since I started getting comments on my HDR-edits of clouds I started observing them in real life and noticed that sometimes they do have dark gray bottoms. I guess since HDR increases contrast (in addition to other things it does) anything gray becomes darker including clouds. And so for aladyforty's #2 image, maybe because I have adjusted my expectations on HDR-edited clouds which is wrong I know because I am looking from a vantage point of reality imitating art instead of the other way around , I am OK with the clouds.
I too, dont have a problem with the dirty clouds. But they are a sure giveaway that the pic is HDR even if all else is perfect.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:07 PM   #16

They are all really well done. My favorite is the big rock also but the others are beautiful too.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:53 PM   #17

I actually like the composition of the last one the best. I think it could be saved with a little work in PS.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote