Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:53 PM   #21

You guys are lucky my Sony A350 may not have been designed with HDR in mind. Auto-bracketing only goes up to +/-0.7ev and 3 shots at a time. Someone correct me if wrong...
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:53 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
The point may now be moot based on what Hards80 said nevertheless I added one more :
not really mute. you can still get HDR-like effects from merging 3 differently processed versions of a RAW image. just pointing out the limitations of this and that it is really not a true HDR in the same sense as taking separate bracketed images.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:55 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
You guys are lucky my Sony A350 may not have been designed with HDR in mind. Auto-bracketing only goes up to +/-0.7ev and 3 shots at a time. Someone correct me if wrong...
yea, i think you only have the option of .3 or .7, and .7 can work for scenes without a ton of DR.

however you can still bracket across larger EV's or more images manually using exposure comp and a tripod.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:00 AM   #24

i use mostly a Canon 5D for landscape work, and adjust my exposure range depending on the lighting and contrast in the scene. if there's not too much contrast, i'll use the AEB at +/- 1 stop. for more contrasty scenes, i'll often shoot manual and simply adjust the shutter speed between shots to give me 4 or 5 frames covering a +/- 2 stop range. alternatively, i can shoot one AEB sequence at +/- 1 stop, and another at +/- 2, and combine them when i get home. i do my processing in Photomatix.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote