Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
My camera doesnt shoot in RAW either. Just convert your jpeg file to 32 bit and git it a shot in Photomatix.
Does anyone know how to convert a jpeg file to 32 bit so i can "tone map" just one photo in photomatix?
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:10 AM   #12

In Photoshop its under MODE. Your choices are 8, 16 and 32 bit. If you are serious about how your pics end up looking, Photoshop is the way to go. Surf the net and you can find a price you can afford.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:08 PM   #13

You'll have to forgive me, but i am not to keen on files, and formats, and RAW, and "32bit, etc.

is there anyway to convert a normal jpeg that my camera takes into a file suitable for psuedo HDR's without photoshop. Is there a free software i can download that could do it?

-Eric
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
In Photoshop its under MODE. Your choices are 8, 16 and 32 bit. If you are serious about how your pics end up looking, Photoshop is the way to go. Surf the net and you can find a price you can afford.
What about GIMP? I like Photoshop, but the truth of the matter is that with the exception of the above, and the built in RAW converter, most of the options of that program are just overkill, and I rarely use them. Cheaper programs work just fine. Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:26 PM   #15

If you are starting off, you may as well do it right. Photoshop is your best bet. It will take on a life of its own and make yours a whole lot of fun. You can do ANYTHING in Photoshop. Sure for simple photo corrections its overkill. But thats only a facet of the power of Photoshop. You can do whatever your imagination can come up with. There are lots of books available for free on the internet. Ebooks which have the means to learn every aspect of Photoshop. Learn what you need, then just expand that to areas you want to learn. Its like building a house of bricks....one brick at a time. And each brick builds off the last one. When you are finished you will be glad its made of bricks instead of toilet paper. And I consider other Mickey Mouse programs toilet paper.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote