Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
for you, or for anyone using DPHDR, can you load a single RAW file and use it to make the Pseudo-HDR, as I believe this would give you better results than loading a single JPEG because of the increased data.
Hards80, I decided to post my response in another thread because I posted lots of pictures and so might detract from maggo85's Barns B&W photos which I think are all excellent.

But if I have to pick a favorite it would be the angled shot looking up at the sky.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
...which I think are all excellent.

But if I have to pick a favorite it would be the angled shot looking up at the sky.
Thank you vv for coming by and commenting my shots - glad you liked them

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:56 PM   #23

Talking

Very nice B&W's Markus!

I really liked #1 - three barns in a row - and #2 - same object, different angle - very much. These "Heustadels" are just made for pictures like these.

I never thought much about them, when I was little (mind you, they became populare 'necking-places' when puberty raged at its wildest, and girls used to giggle (and sneeze and scratch a lot because of the hay-dust) but that was after...), but seeing them like this now and "Memory-lane" knocks on my door - again!

Thank you, maggo85!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Very nice B&W's Markus!

I really liked #1 - three barns in a row - and #2 - same object, different angle - very much. These "Heustadels" are just made for pictures like these.

I never thought much about them, when I was little (mind you, they became populare 'necking-places' when puberty raged at its wildest, and girls used to giggle (and sneeze and scratch a lot because of the hay-dust) but that was after...), but seeing them like this now and "Memory-lane" knocks on my door - again!

Thank you, maggo85!
Thanks for your nice words - I too think that these wooden hats are a perfect subject for B&W shots

Before I had my DSLR, I didn't even recognized them, now I'm always looking out for a nice one too shoot... and we have maaaaany of them around here

Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:23 PM   #25

Folks, I've got one last barn shot for you to finish my little series

This one was shot at the same meadow (?) as the other ones in this thread, but I first converted it to b&w and gave it some noise, then I gave it the HDR-treatment using DPHDR.

Hope you like it anyways - C&C welcome

Name:  IMG_1037_small.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  238.6 KB

Thank you very much for taking the time to view and comment my work - I really appreciate that!!

Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:40 PM   #26

Love the view! Not so sure I like the added noise, but that's just my taste - there are very few pictures I like with it added. I realize that it's a common technique and many really like it when added.

In any case, I could easily sit down there and admire that view for hours and hours.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Love the view! Not so sure I like the added noise, but that's just my taste - there are very few pictures I like with it added. I realize that it's a common technique and many really like it when added.

In any case, I could easily sit down there and admire that view for hours and hours.
Yeah, the noise is a bit to much.. but it increased because of making a HDR out of the shot Anyways, I like the old look of all my barn pics with the added noise.

I never went down the hill with the vanishing-point I shoot the "Mountain-Panorama From Austria" from on this side, so the view was new to me too - but I love it, would be a nice little spot for relaxing

Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:10 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Folks, I've got one last barn shot for you to finish my little series

Thank you very much for taking the time to view and comment my work - I really appreciate that!!

Maggo, wicked cool shot... what interesting means someone will go to, to build on such a slope. Very nice composition.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:38 AM   #29

Smile Markus - I like this shot.

But I like it mostly because of the motive - which you have framed very well - and not so much for the pp-treatment. I like the B&W treatment and I think the mono suites the subject well.

While I must admit, that the addition of noise has helped the main-subject (being of denser and darker values) to be separated from the background, I still want to se details in the meadows and forests on the other side of the valley! Now, the extra noise prevents me from seeing that....

You have handled composition very well, giving the picture a very dramatic feel, because of the steep meadow, and the perspective is increased several times by including another one of those small barnes, further down the hill, adding to the depth.

A good picture, Markus!
If you gave it to me and said: "change something on it" - I would probably try to give it a 9:16-format by cutting off about 1 inch of the sky on top. This might go well with the oblong shape of the barn.....and maybe dodge just a little underneath the roof to see some of the girders there....?

P.S.: I forgot how steep some of those Alpine mountain-meadows are!

;-)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
P.S.: I forgot how steep some of those Alpine mountain-meadows are!

;-)
Oh, Walter... tell the truth... you know that some of those Alpine mountain meadows remind you of parts of Norway. Just don't get any ideas and build house like this shack on the picture.

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote