Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Maggo, wicked cool shot... what interesting means someone will go to, to build on such a slope. Very nice composition.

Ned
Thank you very much Ned - it's typical here in my area to have meadows wich are so steep. So the farmers had to build their hats/barns up there (about a hundred years ago) to store the hay in them

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
But I like it mostly because of the motive - which you have framed very well - and not so much for the pp-treatment. I like the B&W treatment and I think the mono suites the subject well.

While I must admit, that the addition of noise has helped the main-subject (being of denser and darker values) to be separated from the background, I still want to se details in the meadows and forests on the other side of the valley! Now, the extra noise prevents me from seeing that....

You have handled composition very well, giving the picture a very dramatic feel, because of the steep meadow, and the perspective is increased several times by including another one of those small barnes, further down the hill, adding to the depth.

A good picture, Markus!
If you gave it to me and said: "change something on it" - I would probably try to give it a 9:16-format by cutting off about 1 inch of the sky on top. This might go well with the oblong shape of the barn.....and maybe dodge just a little underneath the roof to see some of the girders there....?

P.S.: I forgot how steep some of those Alpine mountain-meadows are!

;-)
Thank you too, Walter, for these ever so kind words! I agree, the noise is a bit over the top

Please feel free to take my shots and play around with them - I'd love to see your result!!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote