Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:56 PM   #11

Glad you like them. Wait til you see the night scene Im making of the church from the outside with the windows glowing from the inside. Hey 2 more posts and I hit 5000. Do I get a prize for that? Bynx lasting 5000 posts in this site has to be a record of some kind.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:35 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Glad you like them. Wait til you see the night scene Im making of the church from the outside with the windows glowing from the inside. Hey 2 more posts and I hit 5000. Do I get a prize for that? Bynx lasting 5000 posts in this site has to be a record of some kind.
now we can't have something like that happen... ban incoming.....
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:34 PM   #13

4,999 -- Gee I cant wait.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:37 PM   #14

Ok 5,000 TOOT TOOT RING RING, DING DONG.
Let the bells ring and the banners fly. I did it. Now back to business.
This is my nite scene of St. George's. There is also the original middle shot I started with. This is an HDR which I started with then altered it from there to the night scene. Does it look real to you? If not where did I goof up?
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:43 PM   #15
Super Moderator

it just almost works. its actually quite good considering the huge transformation.

the things that my eyes are not buying are:

- the sky. you darkened it correctly, but the shade of blue is wrong, going deeper blue would be more believable.
-the lamplight and door light. right now they look more like "the painter of light guy's" picture rather than a real light. i think its because you didnt diffuse the light enough, the cone of light is too concentrated.

easily fixed i think. for such a complicated task, it looks quite good. i like the little touches like the light on in the 2 buildings to the left. but then i wonder why the light isn't on in the far left window of the church.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:52 PM   #16

Bynx, they are simply stunning pictures. The detail...the lighting...the composition....its all magnificent.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:40 PM   #17

Ok Dustin, here is the new and improved??? version.
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:43 PM   #18
Super Moderator

the sky is in a different league better, i believe this sky. well done bynx.

my only remaining concern is that the light above the doorway. the glow on the wall below it is just too hot and a bit reddish, tame that down a bit and it will be awesome.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:09 AM   #19

omg ! how did you get the window detial? i would tone down the second level window light a tad the one that runs down the right handside ..... i think your a pure genius the sky colour levels are just right and the stars add so much you are definatly on to something great here bynx
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:58 AM   #20

Im not sure which light you are talking about. The left small door way and right small door way have floodlights attached to the top of the arch. The middle door I lit up with the street light on the pole out front. The light on the second floor which I think you refer to Simon has been toned done somewhat since its indirect light from inside. The second floor windows arent stained glass but just plain white glass. All the window lighting you see is just my guesswork. Ive never seen the place at night. The stained glass windows are from shots I took inside. Just reversed them and reduced in size to fit. After pasting the large ones on the left side I just used the eraser to bring up the fir tree on the left and scribbled some lines through the big one so the tree branches showed up, thus moving the window to the background behind the tree. The little house with the yellow windows on the far left is a small building over on the next street. It houses the church office.
5000 posts and not a congrats from Obama or the Queen. What gives?