Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:36 PM   #1

Default Some of my HDR

Hi , Its great to see a new HDR forum here, I hope you don't mind me sharing some of mine..

This Is Corbiere Lighthouse Jersey Channel Islands

Canon 50D - EF-S 18-200mm
3 Exposures run through photomatrix

This is a house that overlooks the lighthouse

This is St Savoiurs Church, one of the many stunning little church's in Jersey

Thanks

James...
Jayrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:25 PM   #2

Wow. Those are beautiful. I think I like #3 the best. The church color and detail look amazing and the tree and headstones add a wonderfully dark feel to the scene.
I'm new to this and just tried Photomatix the other day for the first time. You really give me something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:06 PM   #3

You are going to hear lots of negativity about your shots being over the top. But I love em. They have transcended from a mere photo to a piece of art. My only comment is the second one seems a big bright. Id like to see more detail on the left side of the white corner stones and the left side wall.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronB View Post
Wow. Those are beautiful. I think I like #3 the best. The church color and detail look amazing and the tree and headstones add a wonderfully dark feel to the scene.
I'm new to this and just tried Photomatix the other day for the first time. You really give me something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Aaron,I appreciate your comments, I agree there is more detail in the Church, The 3 images were taken with 3 different lens,the church being taken my new 17-40L and its sure sharper than the EF-S that was used for the 1st image, although I didn't really know what I was doing when I took that (still don't really), Only 7 months into my photography addiction..

Cheers
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
You are going to hear lots of negativity about your shots being over the top. But I love em. They have transcended from a mere photo to a piece of art. My only comment is the second one seems a big bright. Id like to see more detail on the left side of the white corner stones and the left side wall.
Thank Bynx,really appreciate your comments,my idea of over he top would be halo's everywhere,I don't mind a little dreamylook, or looking like it could be in a Tombraider game..

Thanks again
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Correct...

They ARE art, and very well done at that. But are they photographs? Their not what I would see, not even close.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Correct...

They ARE art, and very well done at that. But are they photographs? Their not what I would see, not even close.

Dave
Well I didn't draw them Dave..
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrou View Post
Well I didn't draw them Dave..
Most disagree with the flavor of my posts. So feel free to join the crowd!

But if you notice we have a forum for "Digital Art." Most of this digital art is based on photographs - Indeed, I make my own digital art based on my photographs. I am very pleased with my digital art...

Whatever I said to critique your images, I never called them "bad."

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:56 PM   #9

They definitely fall into the fantasy category of HDR, rather than the natural category. I have yet to take a scene that translates well to this effect, which yours do - the scenes are very dramatic and the processing accentuates that. Some day I'd like to produce something like this that works - it's fun in small doses. They won't appeal to everyone, but that's the nature of things - we all come in different sizes and have different tastes.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Most disagree with the flavor of my posts. So feel free to join the crowd!

But if you notice we have a forum for "Digital Art." Most of this digital art is based on photographs - Indeed, I make my own digital art based on my photographs. I am very pleased with my digital art...

Whatever I said to critique your images, I never called them "bad."

Dave
Yes, I've seen a pattern emerging whilst browsing..

No, Sorry I didn't mean that to come out as it did,you're entitled to say what you feel about anything.