Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:33 PM   #11

While iPhoto has a fair number of sliders to correct certain things, I found it a little heavy-handed when it comes to editing. I only messed around with it for a week or so, not very long so I'm not expert with it - I used it long enough to decide to buy PSE for my hubby's computer while mine (with CS4) was in the shop. I just find Photoshop Elements much more refined and easier to control than iPhoto. You might want to think about buying it (PS Elements, not the full version of photoshop) - it has all of the most important features of Photoshop for not a lot of money, a good value.

How many different exposures were you working with to create these? I like the scene but hate commenting on the quality of a picture based on my lousy monitor at work (so often they look totally different when I get home to a good monitor).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:41 PM   #12

Apple just release Aperture 3, suppose to have a bunch of new features over the ver 2. And ver 2 was a very good editing program.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:22 PM   #13

Bynx! I don't have Photoshop yet... would this be the best programme to get? How's the learning curb... glad to learn new things... just so long as it is not rocket science.

Great work, by the way, with the photo... really looks sharp, very nice, indeed.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:42 PM   #14

Whatever anyone tells you Photoshop is the best. Its learning curve is like building a house. One brick at a time. Learn what you need to know and build on it. Just know that it is capable of anything that you would ever want it to do. A couple good quick guides to get you started and just grow from there. If you need any help getting anything just PM me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:50 PM   #15

Im not sure if this will show properly since Im doubling the width. But all I did was apply Unsharp Mask to your original. I think that little difference does a lot.
Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:05 AM   #16

Ok what do you think of this version? I may have to retire from HDR until i learn to take better photos... its so complicated lol
Attached Images

Wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:07 AM   #17

There air here in taiwan doesn't seem to be very clear.. even just looking around with my eyes there is this very low haze/smog... Im sure it is in a way affecting my photos aswell
Wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:47 AM   #18

Your last post is very good. There is nothing wrong with your photos or HDR of them. Its just the fine tweaking that needs to be done with a lot of photos when you think they are finished. Something to give them a crispness that makes you look at them feeling you are looking through a window rather than at a picture on the screen.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:04 AM   #19
Super Moderator

the last one looks very good.

and never stop trying, people here are giving you advice to improve and make it better next time, not to discourage. your photos have looked great, you are off to a great start.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
Ok what do you think of this version?
That's on hell of a good HDR, if you ask me. And a nice picture too, both in composition and colors. That haze in the background only adds to the depth. I think its great!

Well done, Wonger!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote