Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:24 AM   #21

I can only second Walter's comment - your last edit is an amazing HDR and of course and amazing photography!!

Please keep on posting pics like that

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
That's on hell of a good HDR, if you ask me. And a nice picture too, both in composition and colors. That haze in the background only adds to the depth. I think its great!

Well done, Wonger!
Im glad something good came out of this set. I hit my head on the dragons tooth to start the day off =P
Wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
Ok what do you think of this version? I may have to retire from HDR until i learn to take better photos... its so complicated lol
That is a beautiful edit on a beautifully composed pic .

I think the sun is behind the cloud not behind the temple I can't really tell for sure. In any case, I think you've got the exposure perfect.

I'll try to remember that when shooting against the sun on a sky with some clouds, wait also to shoot with the sun behind a cloud. I like the effect on your photo if indeed the sun is behind the cloud.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:34 PM   #24

That really is a beautiful picture. Did you get the final results using iPhoto? If so, well done! You got a good results out of it - looks like you've already gotten a better handle on the program than I did.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
That really is a beautiful picture. Did you get the final results using iPhoto? If so, well done! You got a good results out of it - looks like you've already gotten a better handle on the program than I did.
Yes it was all done with iPhoto and Photomatix Pro. I used a single JPEG and duplicated it 4 times to have 5 JPEG's with different exposures. i played around with the eposure and the black and white point until i got the picture that i like thed most. Next time i will shoot in RAW, maybe the results will be better.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:12 AM   #26

You may want to check if your current iphoto has the A550 raw plug ins. If not there are couple of updates on the apple site for iphoto 09 with raw plug ins.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:20 AM   #27

You may want to try out the new aperture 3 free trail, there is allot of iphoto interface options that they brought form Iphoto which I really like. And it gives you way more editing options then iphoto. But I would hold off for at least a month before getting the full version. I dl it yesterday. And it has a crashing problem when you get heavy into the brushes. I am sure they will have the patch out when the 30 free trial period is over.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
You may want to check if your current iphoto has the A550 raw plug ins. If not there are couple of updates on the apple site for iphoto 09 with raw plug ins.
i have Photoshop CS4 extended and Lighthouse but i haven't really got into using it yet/dont know how to use it... I guess i should start learning =)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:45 AM   #29

You will be fine with photostop CS4 for editing. Just make sure you have the RAW plug ins for you camera. But if you use Iphoto for photo management, apple just put up the lasted raw plug in on there website for newer cameras yesterday.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:20 AM   #30

thanks for the heads up.. ill do it now