Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:03 PM   #11

Your third picture looks very realistic. If it's realism you want the third one is imo the best. If it's a postcard picture, then #1 is your baby. Although I liked #2 to begin with, you #3 makes the over exposure from the window overwhelming.

I really like the details and colours.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:30 PM   #12

You applied the blending idea successfully indeed! Now the ceiling, which was your subject matter, looks really eye catching. Besides, the walls look better now, imo.
However, Patrikios' opinion regarding the creamy whites of the walls of the middle exposure version making a better contrast with the rich brown textures of the ceiling makes a sense also...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:07 PM   #13

It's a good thing I'm not shooting this for any reason other than my own satisfaction because I don't have to choose just one. I'll keep both the third one and the second one. The third one is the most realistic and I like having the detail in the walls, but agree that there's a feeling to the second one created by the bright white.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:41 PM   #14

I like the last image you posted the best. It seems more pleasing overall. Frazier Park... I just came through there twice this week. I live in Bakerstucky
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:36 PM   #15

HI, neighbor! Bakersfield isn't all that bad - I actually prefer shopping in Bakersfield than the other side of the hill (I work in West LA) - people tend to be more friendly and helpful. Of course, it probably helps that I don't actually live there, I'm lucky to live in the most beautiful spot in Kern County.

The funny thing about the Frazier Park area - many people I work with have never heard of it. When I tell them where it is, they all say they've driven through the area and there's nothing there (they all think I'm crazy). So were you driving the Grapevine or did you come up here to play? There's still lots of snow higher up than where I live. We had rain and snow showers this afternoon, but nothing stuck - there's probably some nice new snow up on Mt. Pinos.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
HI, neighbor! Bakersfield isn't all that bad - I actually prefer shopping in Bakersfield than the other side of the hill (I work in West LA) - people tend to be more friendly and helpful. Of course, it probably helps that I don't actually live there, I'm lucky to live in the most beautiful spot in Kern County.

The funny thing about the Frazier Park area - many people I work with have never heard of it. When I tell them where it is, they all say they've driven through the area and there's nothing there (they all think I'm crazy). So were you driving the Grapevine or did you come up here to play? There's still lots of snow higher up than where I live. We had rain and snow showers this afternoon, but nothing stuck - there's probably some nice new snow up on Mt. Pinos.
Picking up friends at LAX that flew in to visit and then taking them back so actually I passed through 4 times I dont get out here. I step out on my porch and if there is something to shoot I do, otherwise Im inside. When I lived in Huntington Beach I was out daily. Just dont like it here.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:50 PM   #17

That's about what most people do - people from LA drive past it on their way to San Francisco, and people from Bakersfield drive past it on their way to the airport.

I do admit that the photo opportunities in Bakersfield are pretty limited, but you aren't all that far away from some really nice spots. I've done Sequoia National Park as a day trip, there's always the beach (usually go to Pismo as I like it), the area around here is nice if you like hiking and snowshoeing or cross country skiing. You can also do Red Rock State Park (still haven't explored it yet, should do it soon before it gets too hot). And it won't be long before the wildflowers are going to be awesome all over (I hope).
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
Picking up friends at LAX that flew in to visit and then taking them back so actually I passed through 4 times I dont get out here. I step out on my porch and if there is something to shoot I do, otherwise Im inside. When I lived in Huntington Beach I was out daily. Just dont like it here.
Hey what a coincidence. I dont like it here too.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:02 AM   #19

the detial in the chandelier in 3 is definatly great in fact i prefer 3 the lighting is ok too as thebright lighting on the wall actually come from spot lights and of coarse large windows like these would let plenty of light in especially on a bright day... the detial in the roof is superb.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Hey what a coincidence. I dont like it here too.
LOL... your in Bakersburg too ?