Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:49 PM   #21

Your pick:

One soft pass with Martin's pseudo HDR program (hope you can see the difference):

Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:57 PM   #22

can we split this thread ??? dont want to hijack walters but with the images you have posted now are portrait you wouldnt shoot portrait with hdr in mind or use a HDR program to pp would you ? but me being me yeah i would use a HDR program as i like things a little different and love to experiment and yes i have done before,, hell i even hdr'd my own baby LOL digital art style but with your images i will just do a quick 2 min with dynamic hdr ..... again it depends on the user tastes LOL so we are back to square one

easy hdr LDR

Last edited by simple; Feb 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:14 PM   #23

No offense guys, but the originals are better...
(Err, clearly better)

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
No offense guys, but the originals are better...
(Err, clearly better)

Dave

haha no way in the bird you can see the eye detail better btw welcome to the digital era oh and portrait look here you can discus my threads no worry mate http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...-new-post.html

Last edited by simple; Feb 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
haha no way in the bird you can see the eye detail better btw welcome to the digital era
Yes, I can see the eye detail "better."

Ugly baby you made there...

These images are all "optimised." All that can be done is to make them worse. I could have made the background lighter, the eyes sharpened (they're already a tad crystalized to please the parents, who never noticed, and who actually paid me for these shots)

And you've proved my point with your modifications. The parents would never have forked over money for your version...

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:39 PM   #26

You're paid for those picks? Lucky guy.
Anyway this is Walter's post and you version looks like a ficticious nuclear blast in the horizon.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:50 PM   #27

Well done Walter!
Surely one has got to see things before one can do anything ; ) For such a scene perceived through our eyes equipped with the capability of perceiving a range between two tonal values thousands of times apart (far superior than the best digital or film camera output in a single shot); so as to convey a moment's impression on a two dimensional surface HDR is the way to go! But even then, not everyone who claim one can easily do with any HDR software can do it : ))
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
You're paid for those picks? Lucky guy.
Anyway this is Walter's post and you version looks like a ficticious nuclear blast in the horizon.
This is Walters thread directed at me...

(Not that I'm complaining)

Walter asked me if I could duplicate his shot. And I replied, that I could if I used a version of HDR. And?

HDR is a nice technique. Walter used it well, if not particulerly to my taste in image processing.

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Well done Walter!
Surely one has got to see things before one can do anything ; ) For such a scene perceived through our eyes equipped with the capability of perceiving a range between two tonal values thousands of times apart (far superior than the best digital or film camera output in a single shot); so as to convey a moment's impression on a two dimensional surface HDR is the way to go! But even then, not everyone who claim one can easily do with any HDR software can do it : ))
I've posted this scene before. It is in fact a visual description of what I saw. I like it. It's real life...

HDR "improves" the scene. Of course it no longer bares any relationship to what I photographed.

But if I was doing covers for a science fiction magazine, I'd prefer it...

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:39 PM   #30

10 people could go there and stand by you and take the same shot and all would have the same results taking for granted they all used their cameras properly. By processing that shot you have now made it your own. I think thats more important than having a short that everybody else has. All you see was there in the original, but the HDR software was able to bring out elements that, while not visible to the naked eye, produced a superior photo that can now be seen by everyones eye. Except Stevie Wonder.
For what its worth what you photographed is dismal and boring. Hardly worth a glance. But the HDR version is one that makes me look at, examine, and feel something for. It doesnt matter to me whether its visually identical to the original scene or not.

Last edited by Bynx; Feb 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote