Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
10 people could go there and stand by you and take the same shot and all would have the same results taking for granted they all used their cameras properly. By processing that shot you have now made it your own. I think thats more important than having a short that everybody else has. All you see was there in the original, but the HDR software was able to bring out elements that, while not visible to the naked eye, produced a superior photo that can now be seen by everyones eye. Except Stevie Wonder.
For what its worth what you photographed is dismal and boring. Hardly worth a glance. But the HDR version is one that makes me look at, examine, and feel something for. It doesnt matter to me whether its visually identical to the original scene or not.
All well and good. So, it's art. I created art. Means I'm an artist. Wait, no, an "artisté"

But what if I wanted to show people the actual scene? You know, "Proletariate realism?"

Often enough I've seen examples of HDR in action on this board in which I get the distinct impression that I'm seeing the real world. Oddly enough I can't say that about THIS HDR image.

But if I wanted to create a fake, why would I need HDR? There are other ways of faking an image.

Dave

Last edited by Chato; Feb 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:36 PM   #32
Super Moderator

this is my last warning.

stop posting irrelevant photographs in people's threads. i would have split the damn thread, but there are posts on either side of offending images and it would be a pain in the you know.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:37 PM   #33
Super Moderator

furthermore, keep these conversations in the designated thread. from here out, they will be deleted no questions asked. and further infractions will not be tolerated.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
this is my last warning.

stop posting irrelevant photographs in people's threads. i would have split the damn thread, but there are posts on either side of offending images and it would be a pain in the you know.
No offense but the name of this thread is:

"Can Chato do this?"

If it didn't have that name, I wouldn't be posting images.

And by gosh, I happen to be the Chato in question.

If you wish me to stop replying to this thread, just go ahead and say so. I'll be happy to oblige.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:47 PM   #35
Super Moderator

yes, i realize that you were called out, i was not thrilled about the topic either, and was kind of afraid that it would turn out this way.

i was hoping it would at least stay on the pictures posted, but i see we have deviated far from that.

anyways, as you can tell i am getting a bit annoyed at this whole line of talk in general. so please no more calling each other out, and personal rebuttals etc.

this goes for everyone. please, while you guys may be fine with arguing back and forth about this stuff, i have to worry about the new members or those thinking of joining, people can have thinner skin than those of us that have been around. just want this place to keep its friendly inviting atmosphere.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:54 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
yes, i realize that you were called out, i was not thrilled about the topic either, and was kind of afraid that it would turn out this way.

i was hoping it would at least stay on the pictures posted, but i see we have deviated far from that.

anyways, as you can tell i am getting a bit annoyed at this whole line of talk in general. so please no more calling each other out, and personal rebuttals etc.

this goes for everyone. please, while you guys may be fine with arguing back and forth about this stuff, i have to worry about the new members or those thinking of joining, people can have thinner skin than those of us that have been around. just want this place to keep its friendly inviting atmosphere.
Well, I'm done with this thread. The relevant answer is my first post...

Steve's Digicams Forums - View Single Post - Can Chato Do This?

Dave
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:31 AM   #37

Sticking to the subject of this forum, my sole intention (softly, gently, kindly... ) is to remind anyone who hopes to attain a credible representation of some challenging reality (those excessing the limits of the sensor) through the HDR method; 1) to know about one's camera and be pay attantion to the initial shot (like that of snooker; nothing by chance as it might seem!), which requires even a bit more than a proper use of the camera 2) to learn about the 'strengths and weaknesses' of the softwares in one's computer and not to rely solely on a single software throughout the process 3) to understand the role of sliders controlling the tone mapping and maintaining the whole process (conversion, tone mapping and refinement sessions) through lossless formats.
Keep writing with light mates : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote