Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:42 AM   #151

I really like to use HDR when it's cloudy. You really can get those clouds popping out.

300D + kit lens, handheld 3-shot HDR using Photomatix + CS4 tweaks

rade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:50 AM   #152

In photoshop if you added some blue to the greens the fluorescent brightness will go down and not be so in your face. Other than that your rendition is excellent.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:59 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
In photoshop if you added some blue to the greens the fluorescent brightness will go down and not be so in your face. Other than that your rendition is excellent.
Thank you for your comments, but I don't really understand about colors that much, and never really paid any attention to it. Could it be done with white balance prior the HDR process?

Or with channel mixer?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:36 PM   #154

Well when going through the HDR it really bumps up the fluorescence of green. Grass comes out looking like its colored with a fluorescent marker instead of the darker natural looking color of grass. They call it Kentucky Blue grass for a reason. After HDR process the color fix is not a big deal and can be done many different ways depending on what software you are doing it with. I just suggested a simple one using Photoshop. Im sure there are many reading this just chomping on the bit to give you their much better ways.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:10 PM   #155

I've suggested previously that for almost all HDR pics shown on the forum here, at least as good results could have been obtained from editing a mid EV RAW. For people with pocket cameras this has not been possible, however CHDK allows a pocket camera to give excellent results, without resorting to HDR. There's an excellent article on the blog here
http://sagelighteditor.wordpress.com/
... under "CHDK Results - (and they're awesome) "

It includes some nice examples of jpgs where a common reaction would have been to immediately jump to HDR.

amcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 2:25 AM   #156

Here is a quick 20 second fix using Selective Color in Photoshop.
Attached Images

Old May 14, 2010, 4:38 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Here is a quick 20 second fix using Selective Color in Photoshop.
Maybe it's my monitor but that grass ain't green anymore.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:33 AM   #158

If it aint green rade, what color is it. Looks like grass green to me. Now Im using all brand new software in my resurrected Mac and I havent done any calibration on it. Never occurred to me to do it. If anyone else has problems with the grass say so and I will look into my calibration. But I did take some shots last night and when I posted them they were pretty accurate to what the scene looked like that I shot.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:32 AM   #159

Its a fluorescent green again Bynx. Grass after the nuclear bomb.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:37 PM   #160

Well just getting to this post and the pros and cons of the subject. I personally think it is just a matter of the artist choice. Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot 9 days old....I must definately commend Ordo's post with the comparison to music. Altho it doesn't help me decide one way or the other, it was certainly worth the listen, I would never have thought other people had such a wonderful taste in music. My family would never appreciate such music as presented on that site, so I sit alone in a corner of my house listening to similar melodies by myself. But as in musical taste in my house are different, so are the photographic taste here on this site, which makes it truly invigorating to visit here!

Another thought, maybe I do not know enough about photography yet to appreciate such a depth of discussion. Oh well, I shall endevor to read more on the subject....

Frank
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote