Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:34 PM   #1

Default B&B

This is a shot of a Bed and Breakfast place I passed by today. Care to tear it apart? Id appreciate it.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:50 PM   #2

Kind of blurred Bynx...
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:42 PM   #3

Default nice....but.

Nice pic but too much focus on the tree it hits you right away.
Nice to see you out taking pics in the snow......lol anyway no hard feelings.

Last edited by orilliaman; Mar 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM.
orilliaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:49 PM   #4

The building is neat. There's a blur on the right side, left side is sharp. I often use a lens that has a fair amount of PF and CA, so I'm always looking for it - I noticed some at the back end of the car - it adds to the feeling of blurriness on that side. The car is a bit blown out, but that actually looks realistic. It doesn't look like its HDR at all, except for possibly in the sky and I wouldn't swear to that either.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:51 PM   #5

too clutterd, not your fault, but the markers, car and things in the front yard take away from it. Should have used a high DOF and focused on the tree...

my 2 image cents

Last edited by pbjunkiee; Mar 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM.
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:01 PM   #6

Win!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:23 PM   #7

To much shadow on the house for one and the car really tears it out as well the tree is so out of place as it is should of stepped back and waiting for the shadows to leave...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Win!
thats how you do it!
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:53 PM   #9

The fuzziness on the right side is a product of posting it here. It doesnt show up on my original. I couldnt do much about the composition. I was trying for the house and front entrance mainly. The car was in the way so I couldnt do another angle. I like the tree on the left although I dont like the fork in it showing the evergreen behind. I can always crop as much of the tree as needs be. Its an HDR from 3 shots. I did take 6 but the first one had too much double exposures with the branches. And ya thats not exactly 3 feet of snow out there Orilliaman. I dont make the stuff, only shoot it. You want snow check out my site www.photo.net/photos/Bynx

Your rendition pbjunkie would make a nice ad or magazine cover if the blurred background was lightened a lot for type to be placed on top.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
The fuzziness on the right side is a product of posting it here. It doesnt show up on my original. I couldnt do much about the composition. I was trying for the house and front entrance mainly. The car was in the way so I couldnt do another angle. I like the tree on the left although I dont like the fork in it showing the evergreen behind. I can always crop as much of the tree as needs be. Its an HDR from 3 shots. I did take 6 but the first one had too much double exposures with the branches. And ya thats not exactly 3 feet of snow out there Orilliaman. I dont make the stuff, only shoot it. You want snow check out my site www.photo.net/photos/Bynx

Your rendition pbjunkie would make a nice ad or magazine cover if the blurred background was lightened a lot for type to be placed on top.
It looks "flat" and washed out on the net, whereas it looks just fine when I download it.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote