Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:35 AM   #1

Default Bed & Breakfast Finals

I posted one of these pics in the C&C section. Then I redid them completely using a different version of Photomatix. Chip away folks.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:19 AM   #2

I prefer the second one which is clearly a picture of a building rather than a picture of a car . I'd tone down the orange gazebo and maybe the red taillights a bit and the clouds seem to have a bit of a blue/purple cast at the moment.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:43 PM   #3

Every point you make Im aware of so good eye Martin. I tried working on the clouds but just didnt get them right. From where I started I toned the gazebo and tail lights down a lot so they seem so much better than where they started. Apparently not enough though. Thanks for your time Martin.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:13 PM   #4

Colors and shadows work fine, but i find severe misalignments in both picks, specially in the first one. If you could fix that...

Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:17 PM   #5

If you mean the tree branches, nothing I could do about that. It was extremely windy. Id like to try the shoot with a single Raw file.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:23 PM   #6

Not just the branches. Bynx: why dont you use an image web hosting site? Atachements usually suffer definition troubles and your pick may be way better than posted.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:36 PM   #7

I will check the files again as you suggest and even post from an imaging site. Im getting tired of the degradation going on with files uploaded here. File sizes arent big enough to show detail and if you post it big enough the site scews it up to make it fit its specs.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:49 PM   #8

These look better than the other one you posted. The only thing you might want to try to improve the problem with the trees (what I've done when I have ghosting) is to try cloning in that part of one of the exposures that most closely matches the HDR, then adjust that layer to match it or blend it in so you can't see the join. I'm not sure you can do it with the sky though - it would be hard to match the blue of the sky (much easier to match pavement). And perhaps you already did that and this is the best its going to get (I do understand wind).

I really like the second one. I don't notice the tail lights as being too strong, but do think the gazebo is still a hair strong color-wise, perhaps because its so different than the rest of the colors around it. It's also a small thing in my opinion.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:29 PM   #9

You know about that Gazebo, I did notice at the time that it was a very bright paint job (stain) they did on it. If anything Ive probably toned it down to less than it actually was. This B&B has apparently been recommended by Kirstie Alley. Now for what that's worth.