Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:43 PM   #11

This is an awesome photograph... not only great with what you did with HDR, but your eye for design and composition! Absolutely spot on!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
This is an awesome photograph... not only great with what you did with HDR, but your eye for design and composition! Absolutely spot on!
Thank You Eetu. Was pretty confident that I had 5 sharp RAW images on the drive home. Sweating bullets when 4 out of the 5 did not meet my standards due to blur...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:05 PM   #13

I am new to post processing and all, especially HDR... Would have been interesting to seen how did this photo from start to finish... All I can say is that this really cool to look at, but in terms of composition and design... man, this is really well done... If you don't mind me thinking out loud, have you though of giving a copy to the library, perhaps mounted or something? Don't let this shot just get filed away. Very good work.

Ned (Eetu is what the Finns use since my in-laws find Ned/Edward hard to pronounce)
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I am new to post processing and all, especially HDR... Would have been interesting to seen how did this photo from start to finish... All I can say is that this really cool to look at, but in terms of composition and design... man, this is really well done... If you don't mind me thinking out loud, have you though of giving a copy to the library, perhaps mounted or something? Don't let this shot just get filed away. Very good work.

Ned (Eetu is what the Finns use since my in-laws find Ned/Edward hard to pronounce)
This photo is part of a portfolio that is still a work in progress. Should be done in a few months. Photos will then be printed and free copies will be handed out to key members of certain buildings and locations. First of all it is a good way to get your name around. Second, you might get extra privileges.

Processing was 1 Raw file converted into 3 TIFF'S (+0, +1, -1) using Olympus Master program. 3 TIFF'S imported into DPHDR. Used eye candy in tone mapping. After that it was working with duplicate and adjustment layers. Curves - levels = adjustments. Dodging and burning = duplicate. All little unsharp mask was also used...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote