Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:24 AM   #31

The first time I saw your pics I was thinking, what is Walter talking about the HDR is great! I love it.

I actually thought you were doing this as a veiled mockery saying, this is how bad HDR can get and it still looks much better than anything you HDR-critics can accomplish .

I guess anything you lay your hands on is to me magic.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
The first time I saw your pics I was thinking, what is Walter talking about the HDR is great! I love it.

I actually thought you were doing this as a veiled mockery saying, this is how bad HDR can get and it still looks much better than anything you HDR-critics can accomplish .

I guess anything you lay your hands on is to me magic.
http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/...hp?photo=19863

Quote:
I enriched the sky a bit (about 20% in RAW converter) and I darkened the base a bit to make it more solid. Standard S in curves with a bit more on the dark side to make it darker.

I do not know what is tone mapping...
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:00 AM   #33

And with all due respect, I believe both Simple and I brought out more detail then the HDR version, and That was done based on a little JPEG from Walters middle exposure...

Steve's Digicams Forums - View Single Post - HDR is not alway the "blessing" we think...

Steve's Digicams Forums - View Single Post - HDR is not alway the "blessing" we think...

Dave
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:48 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
And with all due respect, I believe both Simple and I brought out more detail then the HDR version, and That was done based on a little JPEG from Walters middle exposure...

Dave
Nice work, too, Dave!

I didn't really look at the rest of the thread -- I don't have as much time now as I used to since I used to view pics at work. But with more stringent company policies now, I had to surf the web only on lunch break at the library or on weekends. .
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Nice work, too, Dave!

I didn't really look at the rest of the thread -- I don't have as much time now as I used to since I used to view pics at work. But with more stringent company policies now, I had to surf the web only on lunch break at the library or on weekends. .
We should get together. Perhaps you'd like a trip to Plum Beach! (And at the same time avoid being eaten by Chato)

Dave
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
We should get together. Perhaps you'd like a trip to Plum Beach! (And at the same time avoid being eaten by Chato)

Dave
Plum Beach looks like a sandy strip along the Brooklyn coastline (and therefore a good place to take pics?) according to google maps. Is it open to the public? Does the water there get warm enough for a swim in the summer?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:31 PM   #37

regarding the image i posted these were done as low dynamic range using easy hdr pro.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:05 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
HDR - it is to share knowledge of and about HDR and it's many faces and possibilities - If you don't like it, thats your perogative, but try not to impose your misguided meanings onto others.
Chato is simply saying that some scenes have a high dynamic range (HDR) and some don't ... in fact most I've seen here don't. Most scenes don't need HDR blending, particularly if the RAW is available. However anyone can apply HDR blending to anything they like, whether the scene needs it or not.

Where people don't have access to RAW's as with Bynx, HDR helps make up for the limitations of JPGs.
amcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:45 AM   #39

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Another person without RAW access.
amcam is offline   Reply With Quote