Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:49 AM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
...I could almost feel the ice crunch beneath my feet in #3. Excellent as usual.
Thank's Walter!

Glad that your emotions are on par with mine. That's what it's all about when sharing photos.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
...These are wonderful examples of the HDR images that I like. You've gotta share your workflow with me!
Not much to it, really - just looking and shooting more with my heart really, instead of with what's left of my Altzheimer-eaten brain.

When I am in one of these shooting-series, I work more or less sub-counciouse, driven by emotions and another, unknown and nameless 'level' within me (I know it sounds pretentiouse, but thats how it is). Nothing else but the viewfinder (articuated LCD really) and the controls on my G1 exist - i tend to forget time and physical well-being, when shooting. Usually it is first when I pack up and go home, that I realize how cold it has been...

Thank you for your kind words, jelpee!
:-)

Last edited by Walter_S; Mar 19, 2010 at 6:47 AM. Reason: Spelling errors erradicated - hopefully!! :o/
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:12 AM   #13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
This is making me anxious for my 11-16 to arrive

Really beautiful shots you have there.

Well Jeff, you have something to look forward to. It's a powerful and addictive combination!

Just be careful when waving that camera around and looking through the viewfinder at the same time - it's like a roller-coster, it will make your head spin dizzy and get sea-sick!

Thanks for your comment, which - to my surprise - contained more that one syllable...

Last edited by Walter_S; Mar 19, 2010 at 3:22 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:52 AM   #14

very nice walter the first is extremely nice along with your favourite too as i also love the detials of the footprints etc in the snow and ice , welldone once again and as usual they are a pleasure to view

maybe i should sell i mean lose the wifes d90 and pick up a tokina

Last edited by simple; Mar 19, 2010 at 2:54 AM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
...maybe i should sell i mean lose the wifes d90 and pick up a tokina
I'll get you a Tokina, if I can keep your wifes D90.....

Better yet, is to ask your wife for a Tokina for your birthday, Simon. Or buy one for her and then ask to borrow it! That way, everybody is happy.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
I'll get you a Tokina, if I can keep your wifes D90.....

Better yet, is to ask your wife for a Tokina for your birthday, Simon. Or buy one for her and then ask to borrow it! That way, everybody is happy.
Err, I'll buy you a Tokina in exchange for Simples wife. (No need to ask Simple about this).

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:58 PM   #17

Quote:

# 1 -.... This is a prime example of what is possible with HDR. Bringing out details and texture of the tree-trunk, shot against this strong sun. No way you can do that in a single shot.

# 2 - Just as the sun was about to disappear below the horizon, I noticed this rather rare occation or "happening", when snow-crystals on the ground are sparkling from the suns rays reflections in the snow.

# 3 - This picture her is one I love the most, as it really unleashes the power of the mighty Tokina, as well as the power of HDR, which brings out the contrasty details in the icy edge along the curved coastline.

# 4 - In this shot I wanted to bring out the texture of the snow and ice and also some of the texture of the rocks....

# 5 -This last one her is more or less just a "study of texture", both in the rocks and the snow - and of course - The Light!

As I said initially, I plead "temporarely insainty" because I was smitten by the secret powers of the Tokina and - to some extend - HDR's lovely product of Tone-Mapping.....
It's been such a joy to observe them Walter! But your series prove more than just pleasure; a good training for the eye to help the ones to have their eyes REALLY 'see' in their next outing. You may as well have entitled your post 'A triumph of HDR'
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
It's been such a joy to observe them Walter! But your series prove more than just pleasure; a good training for the eye to help the ones to have their eyes REALLY 'see' in their next outing. You may as well have entitled your post 'A triumph of HDR'
You left out this quote from Walter:

Quote:
"CC are of course welcome - but I would rather not have a new debate of HDR or not HDR, or if HDR was really needed. I just wanted to enjoy myself here.."
May I suggest we stick to Walters guidelines?

Dave
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:11 PM   #19

Fantastic photos but the title "A tribute to HDR" is a tad provocative.

Quote:
This is a prime example of what is possible with HDR. Bringing out details and texture of the tree-trunk, shot against this strong sun. No way you can do that in a single shot.
This is also a tad provocative. I totally disagree and if you post the central RAW I'll show you how.

Last edited by amcam; Mar 19, 2010 at 8:14 PM.
amcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcam View Post
Fantastic photos but the title "A tribute to HDR" is a tad provocative.

This is also a tad provocative. I totally disagree and if you post the RAW I'll show you how.
Walter didn't say that in this thread. That's, err, from the collected Walter Quotes ($9.99 at Barnes and Noble). As for the title, that's ok - It's an expression of exuberance...

Dave