Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:41 PM   #1

Default HDR of my truck!

Hi again everyone, I just bought a new truck, and thought it would only be right to take pictures of it! Critics and comments are more than welcome.
Attached Images

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2

these are two more photos in the set, but they arn't HDR.
Attached Images

Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:26 AM   #3
Super Moderator

that is a nice looking truck Eric and the HDR came out really well for the most part. the 2nd photo, the halo is a bit strong for my tastes, especially when compared to the rest of the set which looks natural.

I really like the 2nd to last photo from the first set, that is a great angle, and i also liked your panoramic format non-hdr (the first one) but i think you could crop a little off the back end of it.

you may also want to clone out your license plate number, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Hards80; Apr 9, 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:26 AM   #4

I liked the first three pictures in hdr! The second (non hdr) bunch looks flat when compared to the first bunch. I'd suggest some sharpening ( %12 both in radius and amount) and then some some noise reduction for your pictures in hdr. A little blue saturation boost for the sky would also help.
Congrats for the truck, btw, which seems to serve you so well! Funny, I recently posted the hdr pictures of my car for sale : )http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr/166908-sale.html
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:30 AM   #5

Choosing which pose of the truck I like and its your last shot. Too bad it wasnt HDR. The last HDR shot needs a much longer exposure shot to capture the undercarriage details since you have made it visible. From an aesthetic point of view your last shot is the nicest. (To me)
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:50 AM   #6

thank you for all the comments. As for the license plates, I think I cloned out 2 of them, but then i forgot on the others. whoops.

Bynx, I also really like that angle, i think i may go and take an HDR of that one on the next sunny day. (And i would have and excuse to clean my truck too, because it gets dirty easily.)

bahadir, the reason i didnt boost the blue in the sky is because i dont know how. I only use picassa and photomatix, and im not sure how to boost only parts of a photo. If i did the whole thing, i thought that the windshield and chrome reflections got too blue.

Hards80, what is interesting is that numbers 1,2,3 are all made with exactly the same settings, although i do see what you mean about 2 being a bit strong somehow.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:52 PM   #7

I don't know about the US, but in Canada we can no longer get info from agencies by providing a licence #. I could in my work, as i had special permission from the registar. And that was for snow removal reasons only.

But more importantly, I can see the number on the plate, but I am having trouble finding a truck???

littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote