Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:15 PM   #21

I've been busy so didn't see this picture until today. I can't see where you've over-done it at all, at least not looking at it on a not very good monitor at work. In fact, some people who do like the more artistic HDR renditions would dismiss yours as being too realistic. So don't go getting a big head about it - it's not processed enough, it's too natural looking. It looks just like you were standing there, it's how your brain would interpret the scene. So I'm sure there's someone, somewhere, who would say it's not good enough, that the HDR program you used let you down.

I, on the other hand, am SO envious this isn't my picture, it's everything I try to do/capture with HDR.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:19 PM   #22

I was busy too and missed this one. Fantastic shot Hards, i really like this the colours reflections and details!
Edufloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:21 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I've been busy so didn't see this picture until today. I can't see where you've over-done it at all, at least not looking at it on a not very good monitor at work. In fact, some people who do like the more artistic HDR renditions would dismiss yours as being too realistic. So don't go getting a big head about it - it's not processed enough, it's too natural looking. It looks just like you were standing there, it's how your brain would interpret the scene. So I'm sure there's someone, somewhere, who would say it's not good enough, that the HDR program you used let you down.

I, on the other hand, am SO envious this isn't my picture, it's everything I try to do/capture with HDR.
Harriet, thank you so much for your kind words. I always value your opinions! Hope whatever is keeping you busy lets up soon so you can relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edufloyd View Post
I was busy too and missed this one. Fantastic shot Hards, i really like this the colours reflections and details!
Edu, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment. and glad you enjoyed the photograph
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:07 AM   #24

.......I like this photo so much I keep returning to see it. Very well done & I too am happy you have begun showing us your photos again.

tnx, boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:24 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.......I like this photo so much I keep returning to see it. Very well done & I too am happy you have begun showing us your photos again.

tnx, boBB

Bob, thank you for your kind words. i am very happy to have the time to shoot and to share with you all here
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:00 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
I too am happy you have begun showing us your photos again.
What do you think though Bob, how do we like the new friendlier Dustin?? I miss the 'old' opinionated, say it how it is Dustin, he is a bit mellow now LOL. In honesty, I do miss some of old ways here at Steve's where photos were properly critiqued, yes sometimes people didn't like it, but lots of people really learned..... it's a bit soft now...... however, I like now that people are having fun and rarely is anyone offended. It would be nice to sometimes feel it OK to say to someone that they really don't know what they are talking about, a photo they are saying is good is really not but everyone is just too polite to point it out.

My conclusion is we need a Dustin time share. 6 days of the week he is new Dustin and then one day it is back to old school. All those in favor
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:05 AM   #27

ok. i will stick my uneducated head out and say this: i do really really like the pic, but my eyes keep getting fixated on the main pillar of the structure on the very left side. It makes me think that that is the edge of the frame and i am wondering if it would be better to crop the frame so that it doesn't include the pillar.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:09 PM   #28

the picture is garbage.......... only joking just did mot want to repeat all the other posts

nice shot love the reflections and it is cooked with the looks at the perfect temperature i would have liked to see what easy hdr could do with this one
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:16 PM   #29

love it.. the patterns are brilliant

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote