Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   HDR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr-98/)
-   -   Brutal (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hdr/170480-brutal.html)

rade May 9, 2010 8:20 AM

Brutal
 
550D/18-55/tripod/-2 to +2/photomatix/CS5
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...y_HEKOHEKO.jpg

mtngal May 9, 2010 10:23 AM

I like this picture. Granted, it's not a pretty scene but the amount of detail is very cool and the sky adds an appropriate atmosphere to it. Have you tried the CS5 HDR feature? I've heard it's light-years ahead of the previous one.

rade May 9, 2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngal (Post 1091387)
I like this picture. Granted, it's not a pretty scene but the amount of detail is very cool and the sky adds an appropriate atmosphere to it. Have you tried the CS5 HDR feature? I've heard it's light-years ahead of the previous one.


There are definately more knobs to turn, but just haven't played with it much.
I think it's better for making more natural looking HDR's but you can get freaky with it too. There's also few presets to play with.

I think the content-aware fill and the new lens correction tool are the best updates.

Edufloyd May 9, 2010 11:06 AM

I really like your pic, well done!

Ordo May 9, 2010 9:36 PM

Beautiful. Yummy textures.

Bynx May 9, 2010 10:18 PM

For me HDR is supposed to increase the viewability of a picture. Details in both the highlights and shadows. In the photo here we have too many really dark shadow areas with little if any details in them. I personally dont agree with the processing done to it.

rade May 10, 2010 2:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1091605)
For me HDR is supposed to increase the viewability of a picture. Details in both the highlights and shadows. In the photo here we have too many really dark shadow areas with little if any details in them. I personally dont agree with the processing done to it.

That simply isn't possible with todays monitors.
You can make your photo look washed out and have all shadows open and plenty of detail (Photoshops HDR).

Besides, i'm not looking for more dynamic range, I just like tone mapping, this doesn't have anything to do with HDR.

Hards80 May 10, 2010 10:36 AM

i like the mood and textures in this shot. the tonemapping fits the subject matter well.

i would just darken the white patch of sky behind the cab to match the rest of the sky.

Bynx May 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Oh, now I understand. This has nothing to do with HDR. So you have just uploaded it to the wrong thread.

rade May 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hards80 (Post 1091768)
i like the mood and textures in this shot. the tonemapping fits the subject matter well.

i would just darken the white patch of sky behind the cab to match the rest of the sky.

Yeah, that tends to happen sometimes with tone mapping, gotta pay attention next time. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2