Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:51 AM   #31

amazing collage Bynx !!

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:25 PM   #32

Love the collage - how come you sized it 22.5 inches wide? I'm curious - the only large format printing I do are drawings and they all have borders. We stick to 24", 30" and 36" wide paper. I don't know anything about wide format picture capability.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:39 PM   #33

I started with a single window and kept expanding the final canvas size until I got all 12 on. I didnt have a design in mind and just played it by ear. The results are as you see it. The size just happened to end up being what it is. Now Ive been told if I wanted to print that out the printer will only print width of 42.5" wide by as long as it needs to be on paper 44" wide. And it would cost $70. The print would be 22.5" high. I think it would look okay as a post card.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:36 PM   #34

If you were to print it on a large format inkjet printer, you could print it on 24" wide paper - they usually come in rolls so the length wouldn't matter (I think). If you need a 2.5 inch border (difference between 42.5 and 44) then your size is perfect. But it would be expensive - both ink and heavy-weight paper for inkjet paper is expensive. And I don't know if that would work for photo quality (I don't get involved with that at work, just other types of drawings).

And yes - it sure would look nice as a post card or printed any other size.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:07 AM   #35

I checked with a local camera shop. They have a printer in-store that does 44" paper on a roll. So a photo can be no wider than 44 and as long as the roll or your pocket book will allow. The cost is $10 a square foot for image. My image was 44" x 24" and it was going to cost $70.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote