Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:33 AM   #1

Default New Church

This one is St. Gregory the Great in Oshawa. Im working completely blind on these. Please tell me if they look ok or if the color is way off as it looks like on my monitor. I just did my usual thing and ignored what I saw on the monitor. Did I get it or not? Im curious to know.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:20 AM   #2

#1 - colour looks fine but maybe a bit soft
#2,3 - both look good to me. I wouldn't change anything
#4 - nice and crisp but the colour *looks* wrong - the walls have a greenish/yellow hue on my screen. It's confusing though because the table/font are a clean white as I'd expect so it's not a cast over the whole image. It's also needs a slight rotation clockwise.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:08 AM   #3

The same opinion. In #1 detail and DN are very good but there's a lack of contrast. #4 way too green. What happens with your computer?
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:35 AM   #4

It seems I fried my Mac laptop's video card. Its part of the motherboard so that means the computer is caput. Actually almost $1000 to fix. $2300 for a new replacement computer. My PC laptop got a virus and its out of action until I get a new startup OS to get it going again. So for now Im using an old iMac which doesnt display in my monitor the right shape ratio or color. So thats why Im guessing what the actual colors of the shots look like. #1 looks way too Red while #4 looks way too Green on the walls like you said but I couldnt be sure what was what. Ok, how is this?
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Jun 2, 2010 at 5:58 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:42 PM   #5

the first set are the better here... a little sharpness to the first , the windows are great especially the second and the last image does have a slight tinge to it but it is much better than your second effort bynx it is also nice to see none of the windows have been blown too as they have all kept there detail how many shots were these buddy?

i find it strange there being two differnt colours almost as it is in the same church and hall

Last edited by simple; Jun 2, 2010 at 2:56 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:24 PM   #6

I cant wait to get a bloody computer that works properly. I see a new Mac in the future. I think each shot is made up of 7 files.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:24 PM   #7

Your computer problems must be catching, Bynx - I just took my MacBook Pro into the shop. This is the second time I've taken it in for the same thing - the last time was around a year ago and they replaced the logic board (under warranty). I bought a 3 year Apple Care extended warranty, so whatever repair is necessary will be covered. This is the first repair under Apple Care, so I don't know yet if buying it will be cost-effective or not (it doesn't run out until the end of 2011). Most of the time extended warranties don't pay (they sure haven't on the cars I've owned), but they sure have on my laptops - the first one I owned (no warranty) died after 18 months. The second one ended up being more or less rebuilt under the extended warranty, repairs worth more than the warranty. I'm delighted that I can just take my computer to the store, drop it off and then pick it up fixed a week or so later (assuming they can fix it, I'll find out in a few days).

Forgot to mention - I always love your church pictures. Others have mentioned about the color being different. The second set (re-processed) look like they don't have enough contrast - you've lost the darks.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:50 AM   #8

Ya I dont think I will be posting any more pics until I can see what Im doing. I feel like Stevie Wonder and someone asking me to color correct an image. I havent a clue what it looks like. Thats why I asked for info on what it is I posted. As for the MacBook, I think its the video card which is soldered to the motherboard. That means a new motherboard which is 1/2 the cost of a new computer. Plus I already spent $350 on it last week. And on top of it all, on June 12 I have an appointment to go shoot one of the largest churches in Toronto. All day and all alone, how great is that. The windows are many and awesome.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:04 AM   #9

well however long it takes mate i look forward to seeing them
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:29 AM   #10

Wow, Im looking at the pics now through new computer and monitor at Best Buy. A lot different than what I saw when first posted. Cant wait until tomorrow to bring this baby home. Lots to post then. Simon, I see your first post of the room looking toward the alter is spot on color wise. Its just exactly like being there.

Last edited by Bynx; Jun 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM.