Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:22 PM   #11

What I did mtngal was use a small flashlight and shone the light through the leaves. I did this for a few exposures and mixed them together in Photomatix. Then did the tone mapping. The petal on the right didnt get the light as the other flowers. So its a good catch.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:41 PM   #12

Ah, that's what you did. I was wondering how you did it, the lighting in the second one is so dramatic and well done, couldn't figure out how you managed to get it like that using just HDR. Using HDR to blend differences in lighting is an interesting technique that I haven't tried yet, but its obviously very effective.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:51 AM   #13

First time I tried it. I think Photomatix is able to just mix multiple exposures like double exposures in the 35mm. In this case each exposure has a different area lit by the flashlight. Glad you like it.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:08 AM   #14

Default here 'tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Wow your monitors must be better than mine or maybe its these tired old eyes but I dont see anything. If you could mark it and show me Id appreciate it.
Hi Bynx

Here is a quick 5 second post process of your photo to highlight what I see in the background (it should be more obvious now). There is what appears a close to the left, and some mottled background to the right.

Can you see it now, and perhaps explain what it is? (note: What I can now see around the flower (background at the top) I couldn't see in the original version.)

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:39 AM   #15

Ok here is some explanation of what you see. Both are the original untouched versions. The green curvy part on bottom left is the blade I cloned out. The second shot is lightned by exposure to show all the details I thought I got rid of. The funny roundish shapes are lens reflections. And the large curve is actually lens flare. The shot was taken in the day time with a black piece of material behind the flower. The noisy green spots on the black shouldnt be green but more of a greyish color as a result of splash over from the light source on the black material.
Attached Images