Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:50 AM   #1

Default Parkwood Fountain

I had the pleasure of meeting vvcarpio and his family today. We went to the former home of General Motors Canada founder R.L. McLaughlin for a pic op.
This is 5 shots for the background. Then a single shot of the people worked on separately and added to the final HDR. Attached is the middle shot of HDR and the untouched shot of the fountain and people.

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:30 AM   #2

Nice set. I like 2 and 3. They tend to show both sides of the scene - with and without people. While in #1, I feel the people are a little too distant to bring out their detail and my focus goes to them more than the scene. My guess is you were using them to scale the pool and it does work for that.

BTW, I used to have a S5700 and thought it to be excellent. So much so that it was a factor in my decision to get the HS-10 (which I really like).
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:15 AM   #3

I have the fountain scene HDR with and without vvcarpio and his family. But since he is a member here I thought Id include them since it was for them we went to Parkwood. Ya I just love my 5700 gj. For a point and shoot its a pretty good camera. I want a dslr, but have to feed 2 kids first. As soon as they stop eating I will get that camera. A G2.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:16 AM   #4

nice work not going to mention the size as its been reduced to suit the forum
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:48 AM   #5

Hi, Bynx. I see you beat me on posting pics. I did the pic below because I remember you were saying it would be fun for me to post a flower pic then you'd post the same flower pic you took leaving steves-digicamers puzzled as to how we could take almost the identical looking flowers. While at my wife's cousin's place, I dropped my laptop (my hands were slippery with barbecue grease) so lost my Internet and photo processing tools. I guess it's time to upgrade...

Anyway, my wife and I can't stop thinking and talking about how nice you were -- so thanks for everything! We had a really great time. On our drive back home my son asked me if I enjoyed our trip. (I don't remember him ever doing that.) I said yes and asked if he did. He said yes. I asked if he enjoyed his time with "Bynx". He replied with an emphatic "Yeah". So I guess as far as teenagers go you're a cool, cool dude.

Flower at Parkwood Estate in Oshawa.

Last edited by vvcarpio; Jul 13, 2010 at 8:49 AM. Reason: oops forgot the photo
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:00 AM   #6

Thanks for that Billy, it was a real pleasure meeting you and your family. Please do come again. Meanwhile, here is the very same flower from the gardens at Parkwood.
Attached Images