Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1

Default Clouds Over Hill

My second HDR, this is the first time I have been able to get early morning clouds or fog to show any detail. Usually all I get is something with no detail, just a gray looking blanket over part of the picture.

Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:51 PM   #2

Very nice look to this one - someone who didn't know better wouldn't realize it was an HDR. I wouldn't have thought about doing HDR here, it works quite well. Only thing that's sad to me is all that brown - but that's not your fault. How long until the fires get going this year, or do you think we'll miss them for once?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Only thing that's sad to me is all that brown - but that's not your fault. How long until the fires get going this year, or do you think we'll miss them for once?
Thought the brown looked nice on the hills as we were driving back from Lompoc, CA, at least until it catches fire. Hoping we don't get many fires this year but we still have a long time to go before the fire season is over. Fires came within a mile of my house just a few weeks ago, had us worried for a bit to be sure.

Thanks for looking and commenting on the picture.
Craig
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:32 AM   #4

Didn't occur to me that one would have been so close to you, that would have been a bit too exciting for my taste. Last night coming home I heard about another one that's further away from you, but you could probably see the smoke.

I've often admired the golden hills around Gorman, but have never managed to capture that beauty in a picture (it ends up looking either barren or too much like what it is - dead grass).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:22 AM   #5

I have always liked the Gorman area and Frazier Park. You see the seasons up there.
Some folks think the desert is a dull and boring environment. I love them. Have spent many happy hours exploring Joshua Tree and the Mohave around Cima.