Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:34 PM   #1

Default HDR gasser

Saw this at a car show, this type of style is called "gasser" between the car and the old building in the background, I thought it would look perfect as a HDR, I'm happy with it. hope you guys like it

Last edited by richphotos; Oct 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM.
richphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:44 PM   #2

you could crop out the power poles/wires and the bleachers will become unimportant. what bothers me is seeing only half the vehicle. nice mags too. it would be better if you hadn't pointed out the car. these things are called "distractions" and take away from the pic.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the feed back, cant please everyone
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richphotos View Post
Thanks for the feed back, cant please everyone
I need more car.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
I need more car.
Sorry I cant help you there. But, I'm happy with it. So that is all that matters
But that being said. I appreciate the feedback.

*edit*
So i dont make a new post. Here is one you may like that I also got today.

Last edited by richphotos; Oct 18, 2010 at 8:19 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:14 PM   #6

Definitely. That retractable antenna is so fun. and how come we don't have spotlights on our cars anymore?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:12 PM   #7

Ya you wonder what the hell the spotlights were for back then. I remember my dad having a spotlight on his car. I guess with the advent of streetlights the spotlight became redundant. Nice processing on both shots. There seems to be a registration problem on the left and right edges. Noticeable on the left of #1 and the right of #2. In #1 I see it mentioned to delete wires and bleachers. The overall pic is a hodgepodge with no definite subject so wires in or out makes no difference. I really like your processing of both images.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Ya you wonder what the hell the spotlights were for back then. I remember my dad having a spotlight on his car. I guess with the advent of streetlights the spotlight became redundant. Nice processing on both shots. There seems to be a registration problem on the left and right edges. Noticeable on the left of #1 and the right of #2. In #1 I see it mentioned to delete wires and bleachers. The overall pic is a hodgepodge with no definite subject so wires in or out makes no difference. I really like your processing of both images.
Thanks for the feedback, will you elaborate on the registration problem on the pics? i'm not sure what this means.

One of the hardest things at a car show is to get a decent picture of a car without having a bunch of clutter drawing your attention away from the image in the background. so I figured I would make the best of both worlds and make the subject the car and the old building

as for the spotlights, I think you are about right for adding extra light with driving.
Again. Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by richphotos; Oct 18, 2010 at 8:20 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:46 AM   #9

I like that Chevy 11 gasser....behind the bleachers at the drags...it looks like to me. I've been taking partial pix of vintage cars lately....kind of arty in my book.

The HDR effect is very nice...also like the pix of that custom...early 50's Chevy 'Torpedo' fastback...?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:48 AM   #10

In this pic the red circle has a very clear sharp image. In the Yellow circle there is ghosting going on resulting in a blurry image. It almost looks like one or more of the layers was stretched at a different size resulting in the ghosting.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote