Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:21 AM   #11

My feelings too Barbarian. The two ajoining towns I lived in most of my life were farm country. Most of the farms were bought up and subdivisions were built for all the new immigrants coming into Canada. Everything is on the rise, taxes, and crime. Being in that barn reminded me of simpler times.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Thanks Simon. Where ya been?

ha just been real busy lately not taking pictures unfortuanatly but i have been asked to photograph a church to be published locally just got to wait for the church location
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:20 PM   #13

Oh, a church to photograph. Thats my favorite subject. I hope its an old one with great stained glass windows with an old priest who looks like the old guy from the movie Going My Way.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:18 PM   #14

I like this a lot. The only thing I see which is easy to fix is the green chromatic aberration.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:08 PM   #15

Ya whats with that? I got rid of the purple CA. Never seen green before.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:14 PM   #16

For me the daylight coming through the gaps is too bright. I'd use the HDR technique to reduce it markedly. Just how many shots that would take I have no idea - perhaps I'd just take the photos when there's less light outside.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:30 AM   #17

The CA (there's both red and green, though the red isn't as noticeable with the main color being brown) definitely threw me because it's the first thing that caught my eye so my first thought was that this wasn't one of your best efforts. After I read all the comments and looked then looked at the picture again, trying to "tune" out the CA, I really like it. If you were to shoot it again, getting another darker frame to try to compensate for the really extreme light differences, but I think it works quite well as it is. It's probably just how my mind would interpret the scene if I were there. The recovery of the highlight on the left is very nice.

It would be interesting to have thrown some of the hay up in the air to get more light rays in the resulting dust, and that would also have added to the ambiance. But there's something about the picture you took, just as it is, that's so pleasant.

Speaking of CA - do you find it easier to remove it before merging the pictures or after? I usually try to do it before HDR software as it seems to be in slightly different places with the different exposures and I've had trouble getting software to recognize it as CA. I've seen green CA before, with one of my lenses, though red-blue CA seems to be more common. According to Wikipedia there's more than one type of CA and purple fringing may not be caused by CA but by lens flare. All more detail than I really wanted to know, but interesting all the same.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:38 PM   #18

If anyone is interested in doing an HDR here are the original Hi Res files.

Download HDR_Files.zip for free on Filesonic.com
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
If anyone is interested in doing an HDR here are the original Hi Res files.

Download HDR_Files.zip for free on Filesonic.com
tried downloading but keep gettig a error even waited 15 mins
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:23 AM   #20

I just downloaded it and no problems. Be sure to download the SLOW DOWNLOAD. It makes you wait 30 seconds, then a box comes up for you to type the two words seen. If you cant understand them, then there is a little blue box to the right. The top symbol is a couple of curving arrows. Click that and the words will change. When they are understandable to you then just type them down. After that it took 30 seconds to download the 9 files in the folder.