Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:28 PM   #1

Default My first HDR

This is my first HDR done with Martin Stykes AutoHDR program taken with my old Sony DSC-P200 camera.

Someone, in this forum wanted to know how to make action sequence photos, so was trying the same and it came out as below.

Please comment.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2011, 5:21 PM   #2

Im not sure what Im looking at as far as you have explained it. What I see is an image with a collage of cut and pasted images. Where is this action you mention? The two pasted images dont look like they are standing on the sand but more like floating a foot or so above it. Yet there is no shadows so it doesnt look right. The arm on the girl on the left is poorly cropped so you can see the background against the arm and over her image behind her. The same for the girl on the right with the same problem of the background showing up against her arm behind. No sure what your objective was, but it didnt work for me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Im not sure what Im looking at as far as you have explained it. What I see is an image with a collage of cut and pasted images. Where is this action you mention? The two pasted images dont look like they are standing on the sand but more like floating a foot or so above it. Yet there is no shadows so it doesnt look right. The arm on the girl on the left is poorly cropped so you can see the background against the arm and over her image behind her. The same for the girl on the right with the same problem of the background showing up against her arm behind. No sure what your objective was, but it didnt work for me.
I have just tried to merge 2 images taken in burst mode and then putting them in 2 layers and used the Free Transform tool to align the image with the below layer. Later, erased the unwanted details. An action sequence here is the girls running from a starting point.

I agree with your observation made by pointing out the defects in the image. It was just a first attempt and came out with lot of mistakes. I thank you for giving specific details so that I can work with it and make it look better.

Well got the idea from the 1st picture in the thread with the link - http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fu...hese-pics.html

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
I have just tried to merge 2 images taken in burst mode and then putting them in 2 layers and used the Free Transform tool to align the image with the below layer. Later, erased the unwanted details. An action sequence here is the girls running from a starting point.

I agree with your observation made by pointing out the defects in the image. It was just a first attempt and came out with lot of mistakes. I thank you for giving specific details so that I can work with it and make it look better.

Well got the idea from the 1st picture in the thread with the link - http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fu...hese-pics.html

Thanks.
Not sure how this is an HDR?
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon SB24 Speedlight
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
NoFlashPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote