Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:46 PM   #11
Administrator

One easy way to share larger files with others is to use Dropbox (free for up to 2GB with pay plans for more storage).

Basically, you install their software on all of your PCs and you'll have a dropbox folder added under your file manager (Windows Explorer, OS X Finder, etc.).

Then, all you have to do is copy and paste files into subfolders under dropbox, and it will automatically copy them to the dropbox file servers in the background, and down to the dropbox folders on any other PCs you have installed with the same account that you want to keep in sync (and you can even shut down and it will restart where it left off later when you're connected again).

That lets you sync any desired files by putting them iinto your dropbox folders, so that the same files and folders show up on more than one machine, in addition to being stored in your dropbox folders on their servers.

It's cross platform with software for Windows, Linux, and OS X, and even some mobile phones now (with mobile versions available for iPad, iPod and Android). It also works behind routers and firewalls without needing to enable port forwarding like you would need to do with your own ftp server. They also have a web based interface you can use to upload and download files to/from your folders without using their software.

I have it installed on a couple of my PCs now.

You can also get a "Public URL" for items in your dropbox public (versus private) folders, so that you can give links to others to download files without them needing to install any software (they'd just click on the link and use their internet browser to download files instead). All it takes to do that is right click on a file, use the dropbox choice you'll see in your file manager, and select "Get Public URL". Then paste that public link into a forum post, e-mail, or PM so that anyone clicking on it can download the file.

Get dropbox here:

http://www.dropbox.com
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:04 PM   #12

Excellent suggestion! I took your advice and it was too easy.

here are the links to the raw files

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43025740/DSC_6777.NEF
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43025740/DSC_6778.NEF
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43025740/DSC_6779.NEF

No rush what so ever. I am just appreciative that you are willing to help.

Thanks again!

Hunter
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:56 PM   #13

Here is my take on the pic. Its well done for just 3 shots.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:42 PM   #14

awesome! Thanks so much. What program did you use?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:43 PM   #15

Hi, Kaizen_Pro_Hunter. These might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

#1) Dynamic Photo HDR (with optional Fusion step) output, then DeNoised and sharpened.

#2) Image in #1, further processed by Topaz Adjust, then increased contrast, levels, and added vignette.

One thing I noticed that I liked in your third image is the blacks are blacker than the other 2. So that's what I had in mind when I made the above 2 edits.

It's really great that your camera (Nikon D5000) can shoot in +/-2.0ev brackets. My Sony A550 can only do +/-0.7ev. I think you've a camera that'll do great in HDR.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:41 PM   #16

Nice work Billy. Definately better than my attempt. Nice richer colors, as seen by the dresser etc.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:42 AM   #17

The first out of the two I am liking. It's smoother.

This has been awesome guys, I appreciate the positive criticism and the example work.

The the +/_-2 ev bracketing is the reason why I got the D5000 especially for the price. I caught it on sale just after I bought D3100 (which you can only manually bracket) so I exchanged it. Even though it's discontinued its been a good asset. I'm looking forward to the chance where I can get a Nikon that does at least 5 brackets. That'll be nice
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:33 AM   #18

When shooting something like rooms where everything is static going manual is fine. It doesnt take any time and you can get as many exposures as you want.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:15 PM   #19

Here's an observation.

Both of these rooms were shot within 5 minutes of each other and the windows both face the same direction.

Bed_1 I am pretty satisfied with because of how clean it came out after HDR.

If you all will notice that I left the ceiling light off in Bed_1 and bed_2 has the lights on.

Do you think the ceiling lights of that color could effect the white balance on the images?

Just brainstorming. Thanks for all the help so far, guys!
Attached Images

Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:47 PM   #20

vv i prefer the second of the two in all honesty i am just downloading dropbox now