Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Toronto Bloor Street

sony a550 with tokina 11-16 at 11mm f11. corel psp x4 to merge. not very good with pp but i tried. looking for a preset or script that will do what i want. more-or-less something called "vivid" would probably meet my needs. anyway, i used my old faithful, autoHDR, on artistic with highlights at 10, detail reduced. then final resizing wth irfanview.
any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Attached Images

frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:15 AM   #2

I think the pictures came out great. Colors look very natural. I see no clipping on the highlights (sky and plastic bags), either. Nice work on the building windows -- I can see through them. I like the angle on #2.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:18 PM   #3

thanks. i'll be doing more of this.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:24 PM   #4

Looking good Frank - good colour and contrast without looking overly processed. I think you needed longer exposures though as it looks like the ghosts still have quite a lot of definition.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:39 PM   #5

These are nice, I especially like the second and third one. The second one is an interesting way of dealing with perspective errors when taking pictures of tall buildings, I'll have to remember to use that once in a while, when appropriate for the subject.

I'm looking at these on a lousy monitor at work, so I might be seeing something that's not there, but the first one looks like there's a bit of halo in the sky. I freely admit to hating them so I'm super-sensitive to them so maybe I'm seeing something that's not there? Maybe others can indicate whether they see them or not. Otherwise I really like the picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:57 PM   #6

martin, i'll use that advice next outing. mtngal...halo? you're right. i wasn't aiming for reality so that's fine with me. thanks to you both for looking and commenting.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:42 AM   #7

For someone who wasn't aiming for reality, you did a pretty good job of nailing it down (except for the bit of halo in the first one). I wouldn't have guessed you were trying for more extreme type of processing, more for matching how your mind might interpret the scene rather than fantasy. But no matter what you were aiming for, they are very successful to my tastes.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 3:47 PM   #8

mtngal, my pp knowledge is slim. coming along tho. i would have liked them to appear more 3d, more something, but i don't know how. working on the tutorials and such.