Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:54 PM   #1

Default Plymouth Church

This is a hand held shot that I took using HDR of Plymouth Church in Des Moines, IA. I used my Canon 60d and Photomatix Pro. I'm still learning the HDR process so any helpful comments are welcome.
Attached Images

1hdr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:41 AM   #2

Good morning,

Please take my comments as a constructive critique but when I look at your image the following strikes me;

My eye is immediately drawn to the sun instead of the building. You may want to consider cropping it out allowing the viewer to concentrate on the building instead.

There is a little lens flare at the lower left hand corner which you might want to eliminate.

The details in the shadows are obscured due to the aggressive tone mapping.

The colors and detail of the building itself are so rich and interesting that I think , in this particular case, a less aggressive approach, IMHO, would give you a superior photograph.

YMMV

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:14 PM   #3

Well apparently, by your lack of acknowledgment, I'm left to believe that constructive criticisms are of no use to you.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:50 AM   #4

Sorry I didn't get back to you zig. Yes, your comments are most appreciated. I haven't been on here for awhile so I thought I'd let you know that I'm taking your advice to heart. I'm still learning about composition and technique as far as processing & am definitely not the best photographer in the world, so I'm working on it. Thanks for your helpful advice & will be posting more & hopefully better shots soon.
1hdr4u is offline   Reply With Quote