Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:39 PM   #11

I love the color and composition of the first. It is a typical shot, but I think it is a very well done typical shot. I like how crisp it is with the fast shutter speed vs a slower one. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with slow shutter speeds and water, but I like this one just the way it is.
hoffam19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:42 PM   #12

well i wouldnt call it an "everyday shot" but youre entitled to your opinion. maybe what you need to understand is on a very bright day i would have needed more equipment to get a slower shutter speed shot. a filter for one, which i dont yet have. but had i chosen that as my type of shot i probably would have turned up later in the day and attempted it in lower light, as this was a particularly sunny day. thanks though for feeling the need to leave a rather negative comment, i'll remember to do the same on some of your less than impressive efforts in the future.

also i'd like to thank jeephotog for the kind compliment in his comment of the shot i DID take, and for his suggestion for another idea in a positive manner
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:45 PM   #13

thank you Hoffam19 for your kind words of encouragement. as a new user to DSLR im learning every day. its a large jump from what my old bridge camera was capable of and im sure in time i will get more equipment and broaden my spectrum of abilities to please more of my "peers" pardon the pun. (intended)

regards,
john
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:27 PM   #14

I carry around a 0-8 variable ND filter as a standard piece of equipment so I can control the light rather than having it control me. I didnt say your shot was bad, so I dont understand your being upset at my comments. I was only reinforcing jeephotogs remarks which you ignored. My comments were given to give you a different perspective from my experience. Your shot is typical and ordinary. Nothing special about it as far as composition, light, color, clarity. They all work but there is no wow factor. But it seems you are incapable of taking any positive criticism so I will just ignore you from now on.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:29 AM   #15

FITCIP- youe HDR program seems very useful indeed...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:30 PM   #16

suits me fine Bynx. your input isnt positive in any way. contructive at a stretch and i hadnt ignored jeephotog, i mearly hadnt seen his comment, and thanked him when you pointed it out. as i mentioned, ive only just bought the d5100 and it is, as stated, my first dslr camera. so having an nd filter is something i aim to do once ive had the camera bit longer and purchased a few more accesories. the picture in question is now on a canvas in my dining room and is getting no shortage of "wows" from people who have seen it, thinking i bought it rather than shot it myself. so i'd guess this "every days shot" is a step in the right direct for a novice who does claim to no it all like some!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:34 PM   #17

its called machinery hdr effects Simon, great little program. its got a free trial version too which is easily downloaded from their site. works a treat mate.
cheers
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:10 AM   #18

Congratulations John on POTD with this one!

jj
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:33 PM   #19

thanks JJ. im quite surprised though but very happy to get my 3rd
potd. not even close to your count though hope youre well my friend
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Congratulations John on POTD with this one!

jj
Well done!

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote