Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:19 PM   #1

Default View From The Bridge

Just popping by to see how you all are her at Steve's. Long time no see. How are things here with HDR? Any action...?

Camera: Nikon D5300 + Sigma ART 18-35mm f/1.8

Best regards,

Walter_S

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:29 AM   #2
sds

Great view! Being a retired marine supply salesman this picture of boats brings back lots of memories.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:57 PM   #3

Hi, Walter. Such a lovely scene you have shared.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:41 AM   #4

Hi, sds and Walter C - thank you for your kind comments!

Here is another on from the far side of the bridge:

Best regards,
Walter_S

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:45 AM   #5

Hi, there, Walter. It's really good to see you're still shooting. I'm still shooting, too, still in HDR which now seems to run in my blood.

Those are nice elevated views. How did you manage it? Did you use a remote controlled helicopter? It must be vexing to try and line up a bracket of 9 or more shots for later HDR. Then again, with our superior Dynamic Photo HDR software and its innovative pin-warping technology, it must be a piece of cake.

Seriously, nice pp as always.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:03 PM   #6

Hello, vvcarpio!

Good to see you again, after all these years and after all the happy times we had here at Steve's in the HDR-forum, going back some 3-5 years, I think...? Remember, when in 2009 we got our "own" forum, just for HDR-pictures here? - this was a nice change from before that. I still remember your first HDR-pictures ( or was that "panning"?) that you uploaded then, with the yellow NYC-Taxis!
)

I still "see you" (and some of your exquisit HDR-work) whenever i open up the homepage from MediaChance ( http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html ) where they sell 'Dynamic Photo HDR' online, with the aid of your pictures. I still remember this one, where the lonely man is sitting, all by himself, on a red wooden chair in the big square in the middle of NYC with the buisy city-bustle all around him. Very good!

Every time i open this MediaChance-site, I think of you, and how far you have come with your excellent work. And I feel kind of pround having known you then, in the beginning of HDR, and how we discussed HDR and exchanged experiences with each other about this super software (Photomatix - eat your heart out!!) from MediaChance. I still use Dynamic Photo HDR and I think it is the best - for my use and my motives, anyway.

Well, nice to hear from you again vvcarpio. Many of the old members (that we knew then) are spread around to other forums, I guess, and gone their own way. I am heavily involved in this norwegian forum foto.no (link below in my profile) where I keep my Portfolio with some 900 pictures (of whom approx. 80% are HDR) and from where I have contact with most of my customers.

Keep up the good work, Virgelio and good luck to you and your family!

BTW - to answer your question of how I managed the "elevated" view in the above pictures - the clue lies within the title of this thread....

.. which is called a bridge...!

Best regards from Norway,

Walter

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM. Reason: editing out spelling-errors!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:42 PM   #7

Hi, Walter. Yes, I remember them well. I picked up more than a few good pointers from you, too, and still use your saturation value of 0.7.

Regarding MediaChance, when I had my show two years ago, I thought I'd contact MediaChance and TopazLabs as sponsors, at least to cover some of the costs like the banner I had printed and poster giveaways. They said they didn't give out funds but they do give out serial keys to be raffled off. So we nearly twenty serial keys in total raffled off. It was fun especially that some of my guests went home with prizes. Media Chance had been in contact since then.

Thank you, Walter. I've had some good fortune and plenty of good help from steles-digicams posters.

I hope you and yours are doing well, too.

Best regards, too, from New York.

-Billy
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote