Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:41 PM   #1

Default Non-dramatic HDR

Some HDR pictures look very dramatic indeed to the point that it's obvious that they've been processed that way. There's nothing wrong with that of course, and the result can be very attractive.

On the other hand, just as a sky with clouds can be included in a monochrome picture by taking it through a yellow or orange filter, an analogous result can be produced in a color picture by means of HDR - without, I think, it being at all dramatic. It's just a matter of personal taste, but to me, it seems the must useful aspect of HDR.

For some strange reason the Auto Bracketing function of my SP-350 Olympus, despite my setting the function at 5, often takes only 4 as in this case. (Is the camera just old and deteriorated or what?). Despite this I think 4 worked.... -

I should add that the SP-350 sometimes takes only 3 pictures despite being set at 5 - and often can be set only at 3. Maybe it's time it was junked?
Attached Images

Last edited by Herb; Aug 31, 2017 at 4:28 PM. Reason: typing mistakes
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:01 PM   #2

G'day Herb

Yes mate - I think it's come out quite okay- I like the 'solid' clouds along with the details in the foliage etc. Well done

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:34 PM   #3

The HDR result looks good.

Make sure that you use good quality hi capacity (eg, 2000mah or better) NiMH batteries since if during the bracketing process a low battery detection occurs, then shooting stops/is interrupted and the camera begins saving the pictures thus far taken.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:10 PM   #4

This is the sort of processing that I like to see. Detail and textures come alive in a way not obtained by any of the individual exposures.

Well done, a great example of the way restraint and care will produce an interesting result.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote