Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > HDR

Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:15 PM   #1

Default Well Done

I watched this guy for a while. He seems to really like his job. What could be better for anyone?
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:16 PM   #2

Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:38 PM   #3

If I showed you Toronto Union Station before they stared the latest renovation, you would swear it was a sister building to this one. I wonder if the same architect did all the big stations in North America. Great job Barbarian.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
If I showed you Toronto Union Station before they stared the latest renovation, you would swear it was a sister building to this one. I wonder if the same architect did all the big stations in North America. Great job Barbarian.
As I understand, it, the "City Beautiful" movement in architecture happened to coincide with the rise of railroad travel. Hence the large number of city railroad stations with very similar design and style.

Someone on a different forum showed me this shot of the Toronto station:
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:35 PM   #5

The station doesnt look like that any more and never will. Its been chopped up into small sections. At the far end on the left side below the flags were the ticket agents to buy your destination anywhere in Canada and places in the US. They are all gone now because no one is buying tickets. There are just a couple left. This large room has a few small rooms with big ceilings. They have been working on this for years now. When you walk out the left side you can go underground through a rats maze of shops. An underground city populated with mole people. They get there before the sun rises and leave after it sets so I call them mole people. Here is an old shot of the room taken from the opposite end. I will post more after their final royal screwup, architecturally speaking. By the way with the fisheye lens the other guy used the station looks much bigger than it really is. My 20mm shot is more accurate in scale.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Nov 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:35 PM   #6

A lovely structure. Why would they even think about messing with it?

Kansas city kept it intact, and leases out spaces for shops and restaurants. There's a basement level in which the restrooms are kept in original furnishings, and a gallery around the second-floor level.