Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams-85/)
-   -   Best Aiptec Pistol Grip cam (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams-85/best-aiptec-pistol-grip-cam-195916/)

nitti48 Feb 1, 2012 5:16 PM

Best Aiptec Pistol Grip cam
 
I am interested in buying the best Aiptec pistol grip cam if there is such one..I have seen Fishy doing sum reviews on youtube..Any help would be appreciated

If there are better regular camcorders out there that do about the same thing please chime in..Also wanted a remote for these camcorders..Thanks

HDfan23 Feb 1, 2012 6:33 PM

Well here's their newest pistol grip one http://www.2fidelity.com/Camcorders/HD/HDHDMI/features/ although depending on how much you want to spend between 150 - 200 you can probably get more bang for your buck. Also this one's been out a couple yrs so a bit dated. Seems each year manufactuers add more features and keep the same price range. The new Panasonic Pistol grip style has 1080i 60 fps, very good for capturing fast motion, and take much better stills.

nitti48 Feb 1, 2012 7:19 PM

Panasonic hx has no remote

nitti48 Feb 1, 2012 7:49 PM

Is the Aiptec z700 the same as the aiptec V5Z5FS??
I was wondering if the Z700 had anymore features..I would like to know so I can decide which one to buy...Thanks

fishycomics Feb 2, 2012 4:51 AM

Thank you. As in Pm In the North Amreica region the Aiptek HDMI 1080P is the Z700 for overseas.

The Kodak ZI 12 has remote control as a option to purchase . LIke I said in the PM It's best to as kall not just me.

Today we all are using a cellpphone as it has way more features and functions due to Available applications

Wayne12 Feb 11, 2012 8:41 AM

It is not an Aiptek, but the old Sanyo HD2000 pistol grip will leave any of these for dead, but not as small.

nitti48 Feb 18, 2012 9:31 PM

Thats what I got the Sanyo Xacti hd2000 used on ebay..was not gonna pay the full price on Amazon or any other places..Got a good deal on what I think is a great camera and everything was included and in great working condition..

HDfan23 Feb 18, 2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitti48 (Post 1285648)
Thats what I got the Sanyo Xacti hd2000 used on ebay..was not gonna pay the full price on Amazon or any other places..Got a good deal on what I think is a great camera and everything was included and in great working condition..


I used to have the Sanyo VPC-FH1 (until it got stolen, arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!) which I believe has similar specs as the HD2000 except it is the football grip and if it's anything like it than yes it blows everything away, great pics and video. But yeah not as portable as some of the new models coming out. Hard to find either these days. I believe Panasonic has taken over Sanyo and have some new Pistol grip camcorders coming out with lots of features. On paper looks good but got to see how they actually perform. Some of the ones I've tried out including the current line of pistol grip Panasonic don't perform very well indoors or low light. The 2 Sanyos mentioned above were awesome although both a bit pricey even now. I currently have a Sony WX10 which takes great video and great pics, seems like many new cameras now have great video recording features as well including 1080p 60 fps.

h-munster Feb 26, 2012 7:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDfan23 (Post 1285677)
I used to have the Sanyo VPC-FH1 (until it got stolen, arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!) which I believe has similar specs as the HD2000 except it is the football grip and if it's anything like it than yes it blows everything away, great pics and video.

The HD2000 and FH1 were almost identical, feature-wise and performance-wise. As I recall, the HD2000 had a slightly faster lens.


Quote:

I believe Panasonic has taken over Sanyo and have some new Pistol grip camcorders coming out with lots of features.
Yes. Panasonic bought Sanyo's camera division, and Panasonic is releasing pistol-grip style cameras: http://panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/a...roduct/hxwa20/


Quote:

The 2 Sanyos mentioned above were awesome although both a bit pricey even now... seems like many new cameras now have great video recording features as well including 1080p 60 fps.
The HD2000A shoots full HD (1920x1080) at 60P.

HDfan23 Feb 27, 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h-munster (Post 1287004)
The HD2000 and FH1 were almost identical, feature-wise and performance-wise. As I recall, the HD2000 had a slightly faster lens.


Yes. Panasonic bought Sanyo's camera division, and Panasonic is releasing pistol-grip style cameras: http://panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/a...roduct/hxwa20/




The HD2000A shoots full HD (1920x1080) at 60P.

I remember at the time about 3 yrs ago wanted to get the HD2000 (preferred pistol grip) but it was at least couple hundred $$$ more than the FH1. Had it not been stolen, my FH1 would still be my 1 stop camcorder and camera.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:00 PM.